Best Practice for Reviewing Pages in an Existing Space for Accuracy

Nathan Hawk March 21, 2023

FWIW, the Space I am assessing is in Confluence 7.13.7.

I am looking for best practices around reviewing documentation in an existing space where there has been a lot of churn in the organization.  I would like for the new team managing/using the space to have a way to identify the accuracy of a given page as of the date it was reviewed/used.  This benefits the next person who uses the page.

Also, I would like to be able to see statistics on % of pages reviewed vs. not reviewed within the space, and ideally who is reviewing pages, 

Should we highlight and create Jira issues with some sort of "Documentation" tag?  I'm thinking this would be more actionable than Confluence comments.

Or would it be better to edit with inline TODOs or Confluence Tasks. 

Thoughts?

1 comment

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Have you tried the Better Content Archiving app?

It tracks quality (accuracy) of content and reports "up-to-date vs expired percentage" or "viewed vs not-viewed percentage". In other words, it helps to identify outdated content in an easy way:

content-quality-statistics.png

Then, it provides features to initiate a discussion about a page, update it, confirm that it is still valid, archive, etc:

quick-actions-dialogs.png

It sounds a great fit for your use case. Learn more about the app

(Discl. this is a paid and supported app developed by our team.)

Like Nathan Hawk likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events