Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baselines for Confluence - Pages & Documents: how do you created them?

Sofia Neto Canário June 8, 2018

Hi, 

If you are CMMI complaint ( no matter what level) you should be creating baselines. 

How do you create a baseline in Confluence for Pages & Documents (files)?

------

Problem:

Have an easy process that enables us to create a baseline ( static view of the versions in a specific moment) of both documents (files) and pages. 

For example, at 10/05/2018 the File A was at version 1.2; the page with Architectural Design was at version 4.5. 

-----

What is your best solution for this?

3 answers

0 votes
Sofia Neto Canário June 11, 2018

Thanks, I will check it out!

0 votes
Deleted user June 11, 2018

Hello @Sofia Neto Canário,

If you want to create static read-only versions of groups of Confluence pages, a good possible way to do that is to use the Scroll Documents app. Please be aware I work for K15t, the vendor of this app.

Using Scroll Documents, you can designate multi-page scopes of Confluence pages as documents, then create versions of these documents at any time. These versions are static snapshots of the document at the point in time that the version was saved, and versions cannot be edited from the Scroll Documents UI.

You can also give the versions custom names and descriptions, and compare versions to see what content and pages have been added/removed in which document version.

If you'd like to see what it looks like in action, you can check out the Scroll Documents get started video.

However, please be aware that Scroll Documents is currently only available for Confluence Cloud – but I can confirm we will release a server version in the future. If you'd like to learn more, you can sign up for updates.

If you're interested in learning more about Scroll Documents, and you think it might be useful for your use case, we'd be happy to set up a web session with you to chat about your scenario. If you'd be interested in that, please reach out to support@k15t.com and we'll organize that.

Cheers, Tom

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events