Backup and Restore in Confluence

Pooja Joshi June 23, 2019

Hello ,

I am not able to take backup of confluence, it gives

Error: java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

But the required directory is present and permissions are correct.

Please help me rectify this issue.

1 comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

What backup process gives you this error?  What file is it complaining about?

Pooja Joshi June 24, 2019

Hello ,

So I am trying to do a manual backup which it must store in its default location which is : /var/atlassian/application-data/confluence/backups

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 24, 2019

Ok, and what file is it complaining about?  What is the rest of the error message?

java.io.IOException: No such file or directory
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.createNewFile(File.java:1012)
at com.atlassian.core.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:405)
at com.atlassian.core.util.FileUtils.copyFile(FileUtils.java:352)
at com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.actions.BackupAction.execute(BackupAction.java:69)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:168)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.atlassian.confluence.core.ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceWorkflowInterceptor.java:33)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invoke(DefaultActionInvocation.java:165)
at com.opensymphony.xwork.interceptor.AroundInterceptor.intercept(AroundInterceptor.java:35)
at com.atlassian.xwork.interceptors.XsrfTokenInterceptor.intercept(XsrfTokenInterceptor.java:100)
at com.atlassian.confluence.xwork.ConfluenceXsrfTokenInterceptor.intercept(ConfluenceXsrfTokenInterceptor.java:29)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 24, 2019

Ok, so it either doesn't have the rights to access the directory or file, or it's out of space, or there is a disk error, or you have deleted a directory it needs.

You may be able to find something in the system logs, but check the access first.

permissions are all correct , its daemon.daemon and files and directories are also present.

James Bullock June 26, 2019

You need to do some trouble-shooting. The app thinks it can't write the file; you insist it can. Why do you have different opinions?

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2019

@James Bullockis right.

I might have sugar-coated it more, or been more blunt, depending on my mood while reading and writing, but he is right.  The app can't write to the file, and it tells you that.  You do not believe it.  Explain why you think it is wrong? 

Pooja Joshi June 26, 2019

I have got this corrected, issue was the backup file path was misleading in the administration panel, when I checked in db in table "BANDANA" it was different. Corrected that and it worked!

Thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events