Automatic renaming of articles on related pages

Алексей Макаров January 22, 2021

How can I make sure that when pages change, their title is automatically changed in linked pages?

I have a merge problem with displaying the title of the page after renaming.

For example. There are two pages - Page 1 and Page 2. The link from page 1 is copied to page 2, after which the title "Page 1" is displayed. There can be several such connections.
Rename "page 1" to "page 1.1" in the future. In this case, for some reason, these names on page 2 do not change .. or change somewhat.

4 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Do you mean they are pasting in the page urls and manually copying the display name?

If so, then there's no way to automatically rename links.  Confluence has no way of knowing what you want from the link and no way of knowing when a link changes.  Your people will need to manually update all the incoming links when they change a page name.

Or you could get them to use Confluence's links - when you create an internal link to [space:page] Confluence automatically uses the page title for the link, without any text needed, and if the target is moved or renamed, it automatically uses the new link and/or name.

1 vote

Thanks for the help. We will try to use this approach in a couple of sections.

0 votes

As far as I know, my colleagues use a simple way: copy / paste

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2021

Are you using the internal page linking function for these links?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events