Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio for MP4 video not working on confluence page

Jelle Schroer July 12, 2017

I have an video file (.mp4) that is working on a local player with video and audio.

But when i upload this video to a confluence page then only the video is working and there is no audio with the video.

I would like to know what audio codec's the html5 video player is supproting so i can edit my video to the correct audio codec to have it working with video and audio on the page.

3 answers

0 votes
Florian Schüller May 11, 2022

Today i was able to reproduce this issue - the problem is the codec of the mp4 file.

Once i uploaded a file (multimedia makro) in confluence with the audio codec A52 Audio (aka AC3).image-2022-05-11-08-49-12-806.png

While using this format the sound was not working in confluence.

Afterwards i did the same with the audio codec MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a) and everything is working fine! 

image-2022-05-11-08-48-03-506.png

best regards,

florian

0 votes
Michaela Galkin October 17, 2019

Today I have the same problem. I have some mp4 Videos which are not playing the sound after uploading them to a Confluence page.

Playing locally is with sound.

Some other mp4 Videos are played with sound, that is why this issue is strange....

0 votes
Muhammed Fazi June 1, 2018

i am facing the same issue, i can watch the video but there is no audio. can anyone please help me here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events