It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Annoyed of new features info in a modal window

I don't use Confluence a lot of work, but when I do first of all I see a modal window informing me of new features, sometimes it keeps popping up many times on different pages, even though I clicked Ok once or whatever the button is.

My point is that Confluence should enable the user to quickly browse the document they are sent or required to go through. All the new features may be cool, but don't block content - we are here for it. Please find another way of informing users of new features.

Thanks.

1 comment

Minh Tran Atlassian Team Jan 08, 2020

@Alex Buznik You can disable the app "Confluence What's New" that takes care responsibility for displaying all new features 

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/managing-system-and-marketplace-apps-25788666.html for how to do that

Thank you for reply, @Minh Tran

However I could not find that app, and the article seems to be outdated with the current design.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 10.11.25.png

Minh Tran Atlassian Team Jan 09, 2020

Ohhh, are you using Confluence Cloud @Alex Buznik?

I guess so, not self-hosted.

Like Minh Tran likes this
Minh Tran Atlassian Team Jan 10, 2020

@Alex Buznik I double checked there is no way to disable it in cloud. 

It's a pity, Minh

Can you accept my answer @Alex Buznik?

Well, those new features modal windows still annoy me.

If you could pass this complaint to the dev team, so they could make less annoying (say not fill the entire screen), that would be great.

Actually i mentioned it to our support team, however Cloud code is not for only one tenant. So there is no workaround till now until the development team implements something

I will give them the feedback later also :) 

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Confluence Cloud

Enhancements to the Confluence Mobile App

Hey Community! I’m Stephanie Zhang, a Product Manager along with @Wei on the Confluence mobile app. Our team has been hard at work to deliver helpful enhancements to the Confluen...

112 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you