Annoyed of new features info in a modal window

Alex Buznik December 25, 2019

I don't use Confluence a lot of work, but when I do first of all I see a modal window informing me of new features, sometimes it keeps popping up many times on different pages, even though I clicked Ok once or whatever the button is.

My point is that Confluence should enable the user to quickly browse the document they are sent or required to go through. All the new features may be cool, but don't block content - we are here for it. Please find another way of informing users of new features.

Thanks.

1 comment

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2020

@Alex Buznik You can disable the app "Confluence What's New" that takes care responsibility for displaying all new features 

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/managing-system-and-marketplace-apps-25788666.html for how to do that

Alex Buznik January 9, 2020

Thank you for reply, @Minh Tran

However I could not find that app, and the article seems to be outdated with the current design.

Screenshot 2020-01-09 10.11.25.png

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Ohhh, are you using Confluence Cloud @Alex Buznik?

Alex Buznik January 9, 2020

I guess so, not self-hosted.

Like Minh Tran likes this
Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

@Alex Buznik I double checked there is no way to disable it in cloud. 

Alex Buznik January 10, 2020

It's a pity, Minh

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

Can you accept my answer @Alex Buznik?

Alex Buznik January 10, 2020

Well, those new features modal windows still annoy me.

If you could pass this complaint to the dev team, so they could make less annoying (say not fill the entire screen), that would be great.

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2020

Actually i mentioned it to our support team, however Cloud code is not for only one tenant. So there is no workaround till now until the development team implements something

I will give them the feedback later also :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events