Alert on Confluence License limit Approaching/Reached

Stephen.Morgan March 7, 2019

Is there a way to send notification when the user licence limit is approaching via nominated email for cloud product ?

It seems counter intuitive to have to keep going until the 'limit reached' popup is fired.

I can see the current count , but there doesn't seem to be a way to address an approaching limit if you aren't constantly looking .. Just waiting to run out just offers a poor end user experience.

This would seem to be a relatively simple enhancement if the feature isn't hidden somewhere already.

2 comments

Tobias Petersen March 7, 2019

Hi Stephen,

Before the new UI update to the user management, you were actually able to see how many user licenses you had left to use. 
But for some reason, they removed this small, but VERY useful feature.

The way we check to see how many user licenses we have left, we go to the "Billing" tab and then under "Manage Subscription", you can see how many licenses you have left. It should say something like: "450 of 500 users"

I don't know if this is the most optimal way to do it, but that's the workaround we're using.

Stephen.Morgan March 7, 2019

That's what we are having to do, which is why I raised it.  Since the users vs licence number is just sql sums , it should be simple to implement a solution for a better experience. 

With a *say* 500 user limit I'd like to know when 490 of them are in use.

Like Tobias Petersen likes this
sarra.dabbabi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 26, 2024

Hello, 

we are also interessed in ' Alert on Confluence or any other product License limit Approaching/Reached' is there any new feature/update on this topic ? 

thanks

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events