Adding the "page ID" into a PDF export or into the related page

Ed Schreibman July 7, 2021

Hi - I know a similar question has been posted multiple times, and  I've reviewed the below resources but the do not seem to address my needs.  

In a nutshell, I've an external document which provides a crosswalk from Statements to a confluence "page ID". 

I'd like to be able to provide a PDF export with the "Page ID" either in each page itself or in the PDF export.  This way, someone can simple Control-F and find the "page ID" for a page.

I see the "title"_"page ID" is added to each html file in an export, but sending a single PDF out is preferred.

Is there a way to add the "page ID" into the page footer in the PDF export?

or

Is there a way to add the "page ID" into its respective page? 

For clarity , this "12345678" is the number I'm looking for .../pages/12345678/... to be in the pdf export.

Pages I reviewed:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/export-content-to-word-pdf-html-and-xml-139475.html

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/customize-exports-to-pdf/

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Adding-URL-to-Footer-for-PDF-export/qaq-p/1462723

1 comment

Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 1, 2021

Hi Ed,

I put together a simple macro to embed it into the page itself. I can share it with you.

Matteo

I_A March 6, 2023

Hey Matteo 

could you share it with me too please

thank you

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2023

It's a free app now with some more stuff.

Please note that there is an Atlassian bug where the inline version does not export to PDF.

SoftComply Toolbox 

Matteo

I_A March 6, 2023

Is there a possibility to do this native with confluence ? Server doesnt support any new apps

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2023

Ah, ok, this was for cloud. Let me check if we have a custom macro for it.

Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2023

Just create a new User Macro with the following code: 

## @noparams
$content.Id

Screenshot 2023-03-06 113952.png

I_A March 6, 2023

Thank you, but for this I need to add that macro to every single page , right ?

Is it not possible to create a PDF export template , that adds those values automatically to the pdf ?

I_A March 6, 2023

Do you maybe have a list with possible user macros ?

Best regards and thank you

Like Manuel Friedrich likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2023

Yes you have to add it to each page.

The sky is the limit (sort of) for user macros. You can create them yourself or ask around.

Matteo

Sana_Iqbal December 28, 2023

Hello @Matteo Gubellini _SoftComply_ 

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding the use of SoftComply Toolbox. Is it possible to add a custom format to the page ID? For instance, we would like to incorporate a page ID such as 'KSA-101,' where 'KSA' represents our page category.

If this is achievable, could you please inform me of the steps involved? Alternatively, if there is another solution available, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2023

Hello @Sana_Iqbal ,

The page ID is taken directly from Confluence and cannot be modified unfortunately.

Matteo

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events