Adding Members to Group

Michelle Stanforth May 20, 2018

I feel like this is probably somewhere, but I can't find the "how to". I'm trying to add members to an existing. I should be able to add people to groups, right? Could you please point me in the right direction or help me accomplish this? I go to "permissions" and don't see where I can actually click a group name or anything like that to edit who are members of that group. Thank you in advance.

1 comment

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2018

Hi Michelle,

you should be able to do that using "User Management" section reserved to Administrators.

Here step by step guide https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/adding-or-removing-users-in-groups-138321.html

I don't know if you are using AD and/or JIRA in order to have users in your Confluence instance. In that case, you should share how this integration has been performed.

Ciao,

Fabio

Michelle Stanforth May 21, 2018

I'm only seeing "Projects" when I select the cog icon, which is perhaps where I'm getting lost. When I try to configure settings within the Confluence page or Jira Dev Tools, I don't see any option that says "General Configuration" when I select that settings icon. (I'm using Jira Confluence.)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2018

Hi @Michelle Stanforth,

just a Confluence Administrator can do that. Probably, you need to ask to a Confluence Admin.

Regards,

Fabio

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events