🗂️ Prioritizing work makes the dream work!

🤔 Have you already started using Confluence Whiteboards Beta version?

If you are just getting started and need some ideas on how to make use of Whiteboard’s functionality I have just the tip for you!

I personally struggle with keeping track of all my current tasks and long-term ideas for development. That is why I researched ways to incorporate a matrix to prioritize my work and get myself organized.

Let me show you a way to make prioritizing work a lot more fun! 🤩

I am sure that you have seen this Eisenhower matrix before but incorporating it in Confluence Whiteboards makes it much more easier to plan your work accordingly.

Екранна снимка 2023-09-26 121609.png

I used the notes to build the main blocks. There is also a ready-to-use template available for you to get started even faster. But here is what makes a huge difference - the division of the tasks.

Екранна снимка 2023-09-27 114153.png

I like to first start at the tasks I need to Do Now. That is the area with tasks that do not demand so much time and I can gain a quick win by completing them. I usually do that on weekly basis, to keep these tasks updated. Having that section complete gives my brain some rest and a proper overview of what I can manage to do myself.

Coming from that point its easy to move tasks which can be delegated to my team. Delegating these tasks gives an extra relief as I know what the next steps are to provide clarity for my colleagues to move forward with that task.

Once I have some brain space I write down tasks that require more of my focus and energy in the Decide area. Those are the tasks that I would plan time to brainstorm and work on. From that section, I can easily create smaller tasks that I move to the Do Now section.

Finally, having a Delete pile is where I move tasks that are no longer necessary to do. Sometimes I put research topics there to still keep track of my ideas but as projects move forward I can officially remove them. I review the Delete section each month to analyze if priorities have changed and if I need to move some of the tasks to a more urgent state.

giphy (5).gif

Here are some other benefits to using this type of system to prioritize and organize your work:

• It makes you consider the importance of your tasks 💥

• It helps to reevaluate what is urgent and what is not ❓

• It teaches better self-awareness and helps you practice self-analysis 💭

• It helps you become better and easier decisions about your work ✔️

💡What are other ways in which you incorporate Atlassian products to make your work more fun and efficient?

3 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2023

@ElenaK_NemetschekBG thank you for taking the time to share this Confluence Whiteboards use case with the community. I am going to build out a template like you demonstrated here - but not for the Eisenhower Matrix. I need to go through a 9-box  assessment and was thinking about how to create it and keep it updated in Confluence. This post is what inspired me to create it via a Whiteboard!

ElenaK_NemetschekBG October 2, 2023

HI @Andy Gladstone

Thanks for popping in with a comment on this post. 

Do you use the 9-box assessment only as a talent management tool? Or do you also use it for planning? If so, how do you make it work? Would love to see how you incorporate it in Confluence Whiteboards.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2023

Hmm @ElenaK_NemetschekBG I always assumed that the act of completing the 9-box is a bit of both. The assessment leads to talent management. Who we need to work with to move them up, or need to move out.

Like ElenaK_NemetschekBG likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events