What's new this quarter in Confluence Server

Hello Atlassian Community!

My name is Ada, and I'm the Product Marketing Manager for Confluence Server at Atlassian. We're releasing new versions of Confluence faster than ever so you can take advantage of new features sooner. To adapt to our new fast-paced release cycle, we're transitioning to quarterly release newsletters so you can review all product updates in one, summarized digest. 

If you prefer more frequent version release updates, follow us on Twitter or Facebook.

We are always looking to improve, so if you have comments or ideas on how we can better showcase recent releases, please let us know in the comments section below. 

spacergray.png

Here's what's new in Confluence 6.7:

screenshot1.png

• Atlassian's bold new design guidelines are now available in Confluence! Complete your work against a refreshing backdrop of our new sleek colors, typography, and icons. Don't worry, we haven't made any changes to navigation – all your favorite features will be right where you expect them.

• We've made @mentions smarter by listing recent mentions and collaborators first. You can say buh-bye to the days of repetitive searches, long load time, and the dreaded feeling of @mentioning the wrong person #awkward. More info

spacergray.png

webinar.png

Webinar: What's ahead for Confluence in 2018

Join Product Manager Jenny Millman for a webinar on March 1, 2018, to get a preview of new features and prepare for your next version upgrade. Register now to reserve your spot.

bug.png

Like bugs? We don't either, so we fixed 73 of them in recent versions.

And we used your votes to drive our decisions. Check out the full list of recent bug fixes here.

We're also improving our process for Server feature suggestions to prioritize your feedback, as it is critical to our development process. Check out the new improvements here.

level.png

Operating at the enterprise level?

You may be interested in Atlassian's new option created specifically for successful upgrades at scale: Enterprise Releases. These versions are vetted for enterprise scalability and have critical bugfixes backported regularly. Learn more.

enterprise.png

Pick which version is best for your team.

Need some guidance to see which version makes sense for your upgrade? Check out the Confluence Upgrade Matrix for a full round-up of new features, critical bugfixes, and upgrade notes.

guys.png

We <3 feedback!

Have thoughts on this post? We're all ears! Share your questions, comments, and thoughts with the rest of the Atlassian community in the comments section below.    

Cheers! Ada   

6 comments

Craig Castle-Mead
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2018

Thanks for the post @Ada Chen - great to get some insight into upcoming releases. Will definitely be monitoring the enterprise release initiative.

CCM

Jon Lykke March 4, 2018

I missed the Webinar: What's ahead for Confluence in 2018. Any way I can get my hands on the slides?

Thanks guys.

Ada Chen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2018

Awesome to hear, @Craig Castle-Mead

@Jon Lykke - Unfortunately, we do not share presentation slides, however the recording of the webinar is available here: https://www.atlassian.com/webinars/software/whats-ahead-for-confluence-server-and-data-center-in-2018 

Jon Lykke March 5, 2018

@Ada Chen: Thanks Ada - I appreciate the feedback :-). I did see the webinar recording but it's not really great for a quick reference or a quick overview. Thanks anyway though.

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

@Ada Chen thanks for sharing the recording - was already looking for that. 

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2018

Yep, thanks for the recording! Great! :)

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events