What's New in Confluence Cloud – October 2019 Edition

87 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

johan.gideon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2019

wow

Like Jessica Taylor likes this
Ryan Holmquist
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 15, 2019

FINALLY! Table column sorting!

Like # people like this
Gregory Torres
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Sorting and painting are going to be nice tools to use.

Thank you guys!

Gloria Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Interesting!  

Satish_Goda
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

I am liking the new look.

Carlos I. Escarfuller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

I am pretty much still new to all things Atlassian.  Still trying to get the hang of things.

Jeff Scattini October 15, 2019

@Kelvin Hill Speaking of nested tables, if you have the 3rd part View Source macro, you can add in the secondary table HTML into the primary table fairly easily. The macro also lets you remove excess Atlassian-generated formatting, which is invaluable for me.

Like # people like this
Takahiro Masuda x9012
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

New search engine seems to have problems. Have to keep going back to the old search.

Danno McKinnon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Un-checking Enable Keyboard Shortcuts still does not disable keyboard shortcuts. So, they still get invoked instead of Firefox's instant page searching.

Anushree Sreedhar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Currently is there a way to add files from Microsoft Teams onto Confluence? I know we can just use the URL link, but is there a neater way to go about adding teams files like how onedrive files can be added?

Like # people like this
Sourena Mansouri
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Great, can we now get settings for default section width, pretty please with a cherry on top?

Fong Lun Lee
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 15, 2019

Nice updates!

Hussein Bani Odeh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 16, 2019

@osamahq  thank you for the great features 

Kelvin A Hill October 16, 2019

@Jeff Scattini Interesting observation/suggestion. I checked the list of plugins and found the Page Source Editor for Confluence Cloud plug-in (is that what you meant?) Sadly, we have 30 users, so licensing would cost us $360 per year—simply to access functionality that is being withheld by Atlassian for their own ease and convenience. The cost couldn't be justified.

It seems hopelessly counterproductive for Atlassian to remove client-side formatting options. CSS manipulation in the browser has zero impact on server-side code integrity. It's like the nice people at Atlassian intend to systematically choke us with a dumbed-down subset of content presentation tools to keep their lives simple.

Anyone who reports that the new updates look great clearly isn't using Confluence to prepare branded documentation for product users. I'd be perfectly happy with the new editor if my documents were exclusively for internal company consumption. Heck, I'd be satisfied with a simple text editor. 

Rob Stroom
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 16, 2019

Would be great to have better quality video thumbnails. They are very poor at the moment.

Kelvin A Hill October 16, 2019

OK, so this situation is now both ludicrous and indefensible.

The iframe macro has been retained in the new editor. The iframe macro offers client-side customization using both Class and Style fields.

The DIV macro has been removed, however, on the basis that its Class and Style fields potentially compromise the integrity of the host. Utter nonsense.

Atlassian, please explain how it is safe to modify an iframe with CSS while it is unsafe to retain the DIV macro that affords the same level of client-side control?

And what's with the macro: Legacy macro - do not use? If Atlassian doesn't want customers to use it, why has it been retained?

Like # people like this
Deleted user October 16, 2019

But still, I cannot sum up the numbers in tables...

WARREN w marsh
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 16, 2019

I just want to know why is so difficult process RMA with your company please.

Ian Mitchell October 16, 2019

Why can't I edit uploaded excel files without buying an add on? I used to be able to do it.

Like Deleted user likes this
Giri Vurinka
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 16, 2019

I like "Paint the big picture in the tables" the best. 

Very nice presentation and easy to understand. 

Jeff Scattini October 16, 2019

@Kelvin Hill Yes, that is the macro I meant. It is definitely a shame that we have to depend on a 3rd party just to view our own code. And I absolutely agree with everything you just said about iframe and div macros. 

I'm currently using Atlassian as an example in a local presentation about how dangerous it is for Product and Engineering to apparently be completely divorced from each other as well as user research. 

This entire year from them has been ridiculous. It's like we're being rickrolled.

Like Dennis T likes this
Craig Conover October 16, 2019

Nice additions!

When will multi-cell (row/column) formatting be possible in tables? So tedious to update the alignment, color, etc for each cell one by one.

Michael R_ Wolf October 16, 2019

And, still, you choose to break backwards compatability to an age-old feature of all wikis -- creating a link to an undefined page that will be created in the future.

Boo!!! 

This was a fundamental feature for top-down creation of pages, allowing the structure to be created now, and the leaves to be filled-in when needed.

All wikis have it.  The "new" editor does not allow this to happen.  That breaks a lot of decade's old work habits.

Too much fluff.  Not enough basic mark-down stuff.

Like Dennis T likes this
MBarwick
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 17, 2019

Looks great!

fbrown
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
October 17, 2019

Like the updates to tables - would be great to see the ability to filter tables based on a column e.g. Status=Open

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events