What's New in Confluence Cloud – November 2019 Edition

188 comments

Deleted user December 9, 2019

@Tom Crowley How did you find that? I have posted my thanks on the page for all the excellent developments during the year. I see no reason for there to be a December release; the developers and product teams are human people, too, so they will need at least a month of holiday to prepare for more exciting bug fixes to be applied over the next decade.

Tom Crowley December 9, 2019

@[deleted] Purely by chance. I was looking for the December release details, and found that instead. It seems to have slipped the attention of many people. Went live on the 5th, eight likes, no comments. Shame...

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 9, 2019
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
December 9, 2019
Bob Sovers December 9, 2019

@Tom Crowley -- Atlassian does not publish the "What's New..." article until the second week of the month.  Oct 2019 -- published 2019-10-09,   Nov 2019 -- published 2019-11-12

Tom Crowley December 9, 2019

Thanks @Bob Sovers. Guess I need to contain my excitement and impatience(!)

Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 9, 2019
Bob Sovers December 9, 2019

@Tom Crowley  I almost made the same comment last month when Atlassian waited until the 12'th to post the update.

One other source of change documentation is https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog

Where the weekly changes are listed. (Those these may only be documentation changes.)

Here is a synapsis of truely new stuff since Sep 23, 2019:

Sep 23 to Sep 30, 2019

Sep 30 to Oct 7, 2019

• Searching Confluence just got easier (not listed in prev changes, but also not marked as new)

Oct 7 to Oct 14, 2019

Oct 14 to Oct 21, 2019

Oct 21 to Oct 28, 2019

Oct 28 to Nov 4, 2019

Nov 4 to Nov 11, 2019

• Portfolio for Jira plan macro

Nov 11 to Nov 18, 2019

• Confluence navigation just got better

Nov 18 to Nov 25, 2019

Nov 25 to Dec 2, 2019

Dec 2 to Dec 9, 2019

Wow, 3 noted changes to Confluence since Sep 23, 2019.  I feel underwhelmed!

Like Tom Crowley likes this
Jean-Michel Decombe December 12, 2019

A couple more annoyances... While the commenting function works, you can no longer see the comments as soon as you start editing the page, which makes it very hard to incorporate any feedback they contain into the page, especially when there are many comments. You must do the following: read comment, remember comment, enter edit mode, make changes, publish page, read next comment, etc., unless I missed something, in which case it should be obvious. This is not a productive workflow (Google Docs is the model to replicate). Also, every time you resolve a comment, you get a popup that you have to dismiss, reminding you how to find resolved comments again later. Once is enough, or at least include a "do not show again" button.

Kelvin A Hill December 13, 2019

@Jean-Michel Decombe  The issue of being unable to review/address comments while editing has always been there. It's a limitation we simply live with. I'm so used to loading the same page into two different windows (one with the page open in read-only mode for reviewing and marking comments as resolved—and another with the same page open in edit mode to make the actual changes); I no longer give it a second thought.

It wasn't considered worth coding for the legacy editor, so I very much doubt it will be considered for the Fabric editor. There are far more valuable enhancements to be made. Emojis and animated GIFs are already covered, of course, so my guess is that we may even see animated page transitions somewhere down the line; you know, like in PowerPoint when the page spirals and slides off to one side while accompanied by a swooshing sound. Could that be considered, @Jessica Taylor? It would make working with Confluence feel more like a fun hobby rather than actual employment.

Like Jean-Michel Decombe likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 13, 2019

Being able to read comments while in edit mode is coming.  

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 13, 2019
marceline marango December 15, 2019

how about we help the community to do something project that will help them to build up the capacity to help them.

even inside the community they are lot of variable people who are also in need.

which mean that how are we helping them?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events