Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's New in Confluence Cloud – May 2020 Edition

Hi Community!

My name is Brittany Sudlow, a product marketer new to Atlassian but a long-time Confluence user. You’ll be seeing me around Community making announcements and asking for your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to reach out via comments or likes! In this post, I’ll share Confluence updates from this past month.

New Home

Have you explored the new homepage yet? I’ll point out some of my favorite parts below.

The Recent pages section helps you quickly pick work back up wherever you left off. You can quickly find pages you want to get back to with filters like recently viewed versus recently worked on. Starring is another great way to keep a current project front and center on your new Home.

Haven’t (physically) seen your coworker for a while but curious how their project is going? Direct your attention to the right panel with a new activity feed. Get up-to-date snippets of team activity or broaden them to the most popular ones in your organization.

home_after.png

New Navigation

The new navigation is now ever-present at the top of Confluence. No need to hunt to jump to different content. Without clicking directly to your Home, you can all but teleport to recent pages, different spaces, a directory of coworkers, and integrated applications. Plus, the absolute key “Create” new page button!

image-20200421-214920.png

For more details on the updated Home and navigation, check out this article.

Page Archiving

Does that old or irrelevant content no longer spark joy, but you just can’t bring yourself to delete? (Just in case!)

Fear no more. Page Archiving is now available for individual pages. Click the trusty (…) ellipses menu in the top right to archive a page so it disappears from your content tree. Out of sight but not out of reach.

Dig even deeper on Page Archiving here.

Basic archive paths (1).png

Other gems

If you haven’t checked out the new Templates collection that launched last month, here’s your personal invitation. Templates are available for every role (Marketing, IT, HR, etc) and every type or work to be done (meeting notes, feature launch, new hire onboarding, and more). Templates can be especially helpful as we’re all “working” (when kids aren’t interrupting) remotely. Check out these killer remote work templates. If you prefer videos, there’s also a webinar!

Atlassian Marketplace is another great way to inject productivity, by connecting apps your team is already using, with Confluence. A few new standouts include Microsoft OneDrive for Business, TechTime Google Maps, Translator, SharePoint, HTML, Team Decision, Viewtracker and more. To explore these apps and beyond, read on!

Stay tuned for even more updates next month! But before you go, here is one pro tip I use every day that you may not be aware of. You can co-edit a page with your colleague…at the same time! Follow each other’s live changes when you’re both in Edit mode for the ultimate team-up.

ezgif.com-resize (1).gif

As usual, drop your comments, concerns, questions below!

3 comments

Dan Winkler May 5, 2020

Welcome, @Brittany Sudlow and thanks for the informative post!

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
Maggie Soldano May 29, 2020

Love all these user-friendly changes! Thank you!

Like Brittany Sudlow likes this
Teuris Montas May 29, 2020

Than you for the information, so relevant.

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events