What's New in Confluence Cloud – June 2021 Edition

πŸ“± Mobile: Add tables, panels, images & more

Brand new editing capabilities on the mobile app, just like you asked for! Add or edit tables, change panel colors, add dividers and expands, pick a code snippet language, arrange media and more! See it all in action

Group 29 (1).png

πŸ‘€ Preview a page from the pagetree

Now, when you hover over the page tree you get a page preview of the contents. Explore now

Group 32 (1).png

⏱ See your macro edits in real-time

Explore the new, better way to find, insert, and edit macros that power up your pages. Read on

Group 22 (2).png

🌟 Starring & recommended templates are here

Browse all, your favorites, or recommended templates in the gallery. Learn more

Group 33 (1).png

πŸ“ž How to avoid pointless calls

50% of meetings are considered a waste of time. Learn to optimize your calendar. Learn how

🀫 Insider tips: how Atlassian uses Confluence

We open the lid on how Atlassians use our own tool for optimal remote collaboration. Show me

▢️ Learn about all the newest features, in one video

Tune in to learn some tricks and secrets you didn’t know about until now. Watch

βš™οΈ Optimize your team's workflow

Get the inside scoop on how your team can work better, together with team tour: the series! Register now

25 comments

M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2021

Interesting article

Like β€’ # people like this
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2021

Love some of the new features, keep them coming

Art

Dean Capp June 16, 2021

Can we provide real solutions to major bugs e.g. 1/2 the page wasted on the right hand panel that you can't hide rather than this stuff?

See https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Hide-right-panel-in-issue-view/qaq-p/1500892?utm_source=atlcomm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=immediate_general_reply&utm_content=topic 

Why was it even built like this? 

James Lamb June 16, 2021

Please take a pause on new features and optimize the speed. 

Deleted user June 16, 2021

I would pay good money to see the analytics on how many people are using Confluence on mobile devices vs standard PCs.  12 years of Atlassian administration and I have yet to meet or even hear about a single person accessing this tool on a mobile device, yet the new editor has been a cut-down and largely dysfunctional tool for the better part of two years.  Who are these mythical mobile users???

rochaib June 16, 2021

@[deleted] 

I personally use confluence on mobile quite often. Not much for editing (given the new features, I might consider it) but more for reading, sharing and discussing within the page's comments. Not sure which mythology I'd fit into, though :)

Arif Banduwale June 16, 2021

Thats a very good job Team Atlassian...

:-)

Saőa Rosić-Milinković June 17, 2021

So when are we getting some basic features like changing fonts and font sizes? And when is the new editor gonna have at least 50% of the image and table editing features the old one had?

Nicola Martin _she_her_ June 17, 2021

@Matt Holmes, I use it a lot, but sometimes you have to be really careful. Making edits on mobile devices can ruin a page when you come back to look at it on a laptop/PC.

Branka H June 17, 2021

Thank you for the new features. I would appreciate improved tables with filtering, fixing rows, columns when scrolling etc. 

Brandon Nolet June 17, 2021

Okay but when are we going to get macros that don't break ordered lists?

Jordi Paradis June 17, 2021

Pages preview is useless and a bit annoying.

James Lamb June 17, 2021

Please bring back fixed-width images. If I'm documenting an A/B test, I really need the two images to be the same size, not some "as-close-as-I-can-get-by-dragging-the-table-cell nonsense"

Miriam Hopton June 17, 2021

This is great - thank you for providing updates and the enhancements! LOVE IT ALL! The video is helpful as well.

Laura Bier June 17, 2021

Some of these look cool.  And looking forward to an improved table editing experience and bring the panel macro back (hopefully in the near future!)!

Magnus K June 18, 2021

give me level 1 :D

Like β€’ Nathalie Lussier likes this
Arslan Ihsan June 18, 2021

Looking good, and love the way Atlassian is growing :)

Nathalie Lussier June 18, 2021

Yay previewing pages in the sidebar is going to be super helpful for people who aren't as familiar with all of the content on our account, thank you!

Like β€’ Alysa Buchanan likes this
Gina Palombit June 18, 2021

I got excited for a minute when I saw there were updates. I thought they had added panels back like they were in the Legacy editor, with ability to enter Hex codes for color. What a let down. 

Deleted user June 20, 2021

@rochaibIt's a legitimate question I posed, if indeed Atlassian's user base is largely mobile, or that's a growing audience they want to position for, that's understandable.  As as administrator, I want to know what to implement in the companies I work for. 

At this point in time, if I'm approached for information management tools I cannot recommend Confluence if they are a desktop-only organization.  That's a big change from just 2-3 years ago when it was a no-brainer to recommend Atlassian products (especially cloud.)  If they were using both desktop and a variety of mobile devices, I'd still be reluctant as the current offering for desktop is crippled and the mobile offering is essentially in beta.   The user experience is all over the map - I know, because it's a daily challenge to address all the bizarre quirks of a constantly shifting product (or suite of products.)

Gisha Gopinathan June 22, 2021

Is there any plan to fix issues like 

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-7794 

Like β€’ James Lamb likes this
Paul Elia June 22, 2021

You've almost made it to 2011. Keep going!

Like β€’ James Lamb likes this
Thomas Schittli _RL-UK_ June 22, 2021

Why does Atalssian ignore very annoying long time bugs and releases new, buggy features??

It would finally be great if Atlassian would start doing its homework.

Thomas Schittli _RL-UK_ June 22, 2021

It is characteristic that Atlassian does not allow 'don't like' ratings. With many millions of users, it is interesting that the new release has only 0.25% of the readers of this article giving a 'like'.

Why isn't Atlassian interested in getting real feedback?

Angga Indriya Pamungkas January 18, 2022

Please optimize the speed when open (edit mode) a page

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events