Try out a new search feature!

Hi Community,

I’m Alli, a Product Manager on Confluence Cloud.

Have you ever entered a search query, only to realize that you’ve accidentally misspelled a word? We've been there!

To help you out, the Confluence Cloud team is building a feature that provides suggestions on common typos and misspellings, to help you find what you need faster.

Screen Shot 2023-02-06 at 12.15.41 PM.png

We're working out the final issues, and would love to trial it with a few customers and community members who are open to providing feedback. 

Let us know if you and your company are interested in joining the Early Access Program by adding your email here.

Thanks in advance for helping improve search not just for you, but for all confluence users. 

10 comments

Ajay _view26_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2023

Great feature.. looking forward for the trial.. would the search be limited to a set of dictionary or will it be smart to recognize for labels, page names & spaces ?

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2023

Already in the EAP and seeing some great suggestions. Looking forward to helping this feature become optimized.

Like # people like this
Alli Shea
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2023

@Ajay _view26_ Great question. We're starting with the former, but will be considering evolving to more personalized / company-specific suggestions in the future. Stay tuned! 

Like # people like this
Byron Galietta February 14, 2023

Hi there. What is the reason this isn't available for the UK?

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Alli Shea
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2023

@Byron Galietta we're actually now good to go for UK folks. We needed to make a few tweaks to ensure we wouldn't suggest US English spellings for legitimate British spellings (ex: color / colour). I hope you'll consider participating in the EAP! 

Like # people like this
Byron Galietta February 14, 2023

Thanks @Alli Shea , I've just gone to log in to the Google Form but it is accessing to login with Gmail. Our organisation have their own email so I don't want to sign in with my personal email. Is there any way around this?

Like Esther Strom [ACP-JA] likes this
Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2023

Signed up! 😍 🤞🏻

Esther Strom [ACP-JA] March 1, 2023

I'm having the same issue @Byron Galietta is - due to company policy, I cannot log into a google account on a company computer, and I'd prefer to sign up with a company (Outlook) address. I haven't run into this issue with any other Atlassian EAP signup forms.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2023

I signed up without using google, just used my companies E_Mail

MS May 4, 2023

I haven't signed up for this, so this feedback is not based on an issue with the new feature. But I would like to be able to customize suggestions in Cloud site search. For example, if I search for a page that I know is called "Abiquo XaaS", it asks me if I mean "aliquot xmas". I would really like to be able to add some words to ignore in the suggestions. This would help so that the product name ("Abiquo") and common industry abbreviations (such as "XaaS" meaning "everything as a service"!) don't trigger unusual suggestions (such as "aliquot xmas"). Thank you

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events