Simpler space settings are here!

Hi Community 👋🏽

I'm Shaziya Tambawala, a product designer on Confluence Cloud, and I’m excited to share that Confluence space settings just got an upgrade! After getting valuable feedback from many of you, we’ve made the navigation for Confluence space settings modern and more efficient.

SS blog header.png

Here’s how we’ve enhanced the overall space settings navigation.

✅ Standard layout

The double tabbed layout is replaced with a standard tab pattern along with sections in sidebar for inter-group navigation.

SS_Blog_nav@2x.png

New hub

With this new hub so you can see all settings upfront for more efficient navigation.

Home_SS1@2x.png

Content header search

This is an additional way to find and navigate to specific settings. For this release, the groups and headers can be searched.

SS_blog_search.png

These enhancements are in the process of rolling out so if you don’t see them on your Confluence Cloud instance today, they should come to your site soon. 

Our pursuit of improving your settings experience does not stop here, we have a bunch of improvements lined up, so stay tuned and if you have any feedback please reach out by commenting below.

8 comments

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 5, 2021

Looks great!

Like Shaziya Tambawala likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2021

@Shaziya Tambawala

This is a welcome update. Thank you!

tenor-243900806.gif

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2021

Thank you! I was surprised, when I saw it for the first time, but I like it!

Like Shaziya Tambawala likes this
Shaziya Tambawala
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová - thank you for sharing this! Could you talk more about what was surprising? Was there anything you expected to see but wasn't there?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Shaziya Tambawala ,

I meant I just wasn't aware that this change is coming - so I was doing something in the Confluence a run into it. 

Gaurav Agrawal November 9, 2021

Hi @Shaziya Tambawala Nice to see new change in Confluence cloud space settings. I want to provide feedback not on the UI but space permission settings. Not sure it is the correct way to do so.

My organisation requirement (probably other organisation might also need it)

Within space settings, I want to restrict certain access like permission settings, space delete option to confluence admin. These access should not be given to space admin as it could be chance to bypass the organisation defined access management process, accidently an delete space and so on.

Would it be possible for you to consider it or forward it to respective product team please?

It may not be an issue for an organisation running with Confluence datacenter, but certainly issue with Cloud instance.

Like # people like this
Barbara Dzino November 9, 2021

I am with Gaurav here, it would be great to easier overlook, who has access to which space instead of having to check every space for permissions. Same for groups, making it easier to handle user permission and access handling. I am curious about new changes within the Confluence Cloud and I am excited to see the continuous improvement - thank you.

Dave Hampton November 10, 2021

I would love to be able to apply color themes to confluence spaces and Jira Software Development Projects like you can for Jira Business Projects.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events