⏰ Schedule now, publish later in Confluence

Hi Community,

I’m Lingyang Zhu, a frontend engineer on the Confluence Cloud team, and I’m excited to share a new enhancement to publishing Confluence pages and blogs!

You can now schedule your page or blog to publish on a specific date and time in the future!

Where to start?

Select Schedule publish from the More actions (•••) menu.

image-20210412-212421.png

Then choose a date a time and select Schedule - that’s it!

You can then safely close the page or blog, and it will be published on the date and at the time you set.

image-20210412-212851.png

💡Note: Pages and blogs can be scheduled whether it’s the first version of the content or the 100th edit to the page.

What happens after a page or blog is scheduled?

No worries if you have to make edits to a page or blog that is scheduled to publish later. The most recent version will be published when the scheduled publish time arrives.

You can also check or make modifications to the scheduled date and time by selecting the Scheduled button.

image-20210414-235459.png

How do I know that a page or blog is scheduled?

Once schedule is set, a PUBLISH SCHEDULED tag will appear next to the page or blog in the Recent menu in the global navigation.

image-20210414-203823.png

For a page that has been published before, the PUBLISH SCHEDULED tag will show up in page view above the page title, and when you hover over the tag, you can see the scheduled date and time.

image-20210415-000449.png

This feature is currently still rolling out so if you don’t see it on your Confluence Cloud instance today, it should come to your site soon. We hope you enjoy it! Please leave any feedback below in the comments and stay tuned for more features coming soon!

18 comments

Deleted user April 16, 2021

@Lingyang Zhu a great news finally, I think it will be very useful to those people like me who have for example an editorial calendar to write technical articles.

Like # people like this
Sharon Helms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

This is fantastic news-- can't wait to start using it for blog posts especially! Thanks to the Confluence team!

Like # people like this
Bastien Delourmel April 23, 2021

Great! Can be usefull for our clients and even for our marketing team! :-)

Like # people like this
Deirdre Brophy May 12, 2021

This is great! However, when I try to select 12 PM or 12.30 PM, it is defaulting to 12 AM and 12.30 AM respectively. Is this a known issue?

Phong Vu May 14, 2021

Great news! But I can't seem to find any of my scheduled posts for editing/cancel schedule purposes. The only way to find is to use the browser history or go back to the previous link, which is quite troublesome.

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Deirdre Brophy, yes this is a bug that we are aware of, it will be fixed in the upcoming releases, stay tuned!

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Phong Vu - you can find the unpublished posts from top tool bar -> Recent -> Drafts, if they are not listed there you can search with title from the same place. 

Another way to access unpublished drafts is from Home (from the top tool bar) -> Drafts (from the left navigation).

Hope this is helpful!

Like Mikija11 likes this
Lauras Susa May 24, 2021

Hi @Lingyang Zhu

Could you please let us know, when its planned to have this feature on Confluence Server and Data Center?  

Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
June 1, 2021

Hi @Lauras Susa - Unfortunately this feature is on Confluence Cloud, it won't be available in Confluence Server and Data Center.

Akash Kumar August 16, 2021

I scheduled a Confluence page to be published at 4:30 AM. Now at 11:41 AM the page status is still set to PUBLISH SCHEDULED. What time zone does it follow?

Like Piotr Leskiewicz likes this
Lingyang Zhu
Atlassian Team
August 23, 2021

Hi @Akash Kumar,

Schedule publish uses your computer timezone, the issue you are reporting should be unrelated to that.

The issue you are reporting is acknowledged and I'm sorry you had this experience, but thank you for sharing your feedback. We're looking into this and will update you when we have it fixed.

Piotr Leskiewicz December 8, 2021

I also have an issue where pages are not publishing as scheduled. I tried on different times and no effect.

Is there any prerequisite for this to work, like active Confluence calendar? Issue reported from Cloud instance. 

For manual publishing, it would be great to have batch option, select multiple for publish now from Draft overview. 

Christal Vandecar February 18, 2022

Is there any way to generate a report of pages that are scheduled to be published?

Krissy Ward July 21, 2022

This is helpful. Is there a way to schedule when documents in Confluence can be unpublished?

Anne Marie Lund Ohm January 26, 2023

If you are having trouble with publishing on scheduled time, it might help to vote on this issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-75242.

For me the scheduler is working with random delay of 9 -11 hours from scheduled time to actual publish time, which according to Atlassian support might be solved via the above feature.

Mikija11 October 18, 2023

Yesterday, I did my first scheduled page and this was easy. This morning, I decided to change the schedule to an earlier time and did not know where to find my unpublished page. I found this discussion and the post by Lingyang Zhu on May 17, 2021 gave me the solution. I was able to reschedule my publication to earlier time which was just about a dozen of minutes from the current time and much earlier then I set yesterday. Great feature!

Katie McDaniel January 16, 2024

This option is not available to me when creating a blog post. Has this feature changed?

Anne Marie Lund Ohm January 18, 2024

It has changes a bit. So now you need to press the normal publish button and than select schedule

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events