Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say hello to the new Confluence for iPad

Hello Atlassian Community,

Today I am excited to share with you all a big update to Confluence for iPad. Make sure to download the latest version from the App Store here to get this feature.

Redesigned navigation

We have a new three column layout that lets you see and navigate all your content. The sidebar on the left replaces the tab bar and gives you quick access to the top level sections of Confluence including your recent collections, such as visited, worked on, and starred pages.

IMG_900CE553E8A8-1.jpeg

Keyboard navigation

With this new layout, you can move around the app using a hardware keyboard:

• press the tab key to gain focus first, and then to move from one column to the next one

• shift-tab does the same thing as above, but in the reverse direction

• press up and down arrow keys to navigate lists in the leading and middle columns

• in page tree, you can even use the left and right arrow keys to expand and collapse pages with children

• to show a page in the right-most column, press the return key

This is a huge accessibility improvement and a nice bonus for those who find the keyboard to be more efficient than moving their hands around.

Keyboard shortcuts

Along keyboard navigation, we have included a few of shortcuts for the most common global actions:

• cmd-n for creating a new page

• cmd-alt-f for jumping to the search section

Note that the system also offers a shortcut to hide or show the sidebar (cmd-control-s).

All the available keyboard shortcuts can be viewed by pressing and holding the cmd key, so keep an eye out for future updates as more shortcuts are added.

We hope this update brings you a better Confluence experience on tablets, and as always we are keen to hear your feedback and answer your questions! 

Eman

2 comments

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 15, 2022

Better navigation? It's like you read my mind. I love writing on my iPad and this just makes it better.

Like # people like this
Kythera of Anevern January 7, 2023

Okay, I’m a little late to this update, but that’s because I haven’t had time or reason to really put the iPad app through its paces until now.

There’s one key navigation option that I cannot seem to find in the app to save my life—ADMIN FEATURES.

• Where/how can I access the Space Details settings?
  • Where do I go for user management?
  • How do I manage space permissions?

And also…where is the documentation for the app?? I can’t find it anywhere! Which is actually what led me here.

Specific use case that prompted this comment: I created a new space in the app, but autocorrect struck and I didn’t notice before finalizing space creation. I couldn’t find a way to access space details to edit the name.

I admin both a private Confluence Cloud (Premium) account just for myself (I’m the only user, so everything is admin stuff), but I’m also the content management admin/Confluence wizard for work (I’m my department’s only technical writer). So admin functions are extremely important to me as a big part of what I do. 

Not being able to access either org or space admin features from the app makes the app kind of…unnecessary for me. I mean, if I’m just going to have to switch to Chrome to do all of my admin stuff, I may as well just use Confluence entirely in Chrome and not use the app at all. 😿

Maybe my expectations are out of scope for the app? Am I expecting NASCAR functionality from a Prius? Clarity on all of this would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! 🙂

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events