Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resize table columns easily with the new Distribute Columns option

Hi Community,

My name is Ethan Yew and I am a product manager on Atlassian’s platform editor. I’m here to announce a highly request update to tables in Confluence and Jira.

You can now format and display information in your table with an option to Distribute columns. This update makes it easy to format your table by allowing you to resize columns to be the same width.

How does it work?

Select the columns you would like to resize, and then choose Distribute columns from the dropdown menu to make all of the columns you selected the same width. You can also select the entire table to resize all columns in the table.

Use the Distribute columns option to present information clearly and consistently across your tables.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (23).gif

There is more work being done to improve tables so stay tuned! And leave any comments or questions below.

7 comments

Maurice Pasman June 28, 2021

OK, so 2 years in the making, and still no "Responsive"-option? This has got to be some kind of world record.

We need this, so tables look good on displays of all sizes (as well as PDF export) not only on the screen we are currently editing!

Like # people like this
Kythera of Anevern June 28, 2021

This is a step closer to the kind of control I need over tables. HUZZAH!

Now if we could get an option to hide cell borders... 

Like # people like this
Scott Halberg July 14, 2021

It is an improvement.  However tables are still nearly useless when editing via Safari on an iPad.  Obviously there must be some tweaks needed to work well with that browser, though Safari on the desktop seems to work pretty well.  And the Confluence iOS app does not even seem to have an obvious icon for adding a table (nor a link).

Like # people like this
Sabrina Baldo July 19, 2021

I like this improvement.

Like Samirah likes this
Robert Gottesman July 27, 2021

"one small step for mankind"

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2021

Thanks!  This is awesome.

A K November 22, 2021

Resposive tables is the most terrible limitation in cloud Confluence. 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events