Quickly identify content that was created with a template!

Hi Confluence Cloud community!

I’m Sam, a product manager working to build better template creation and publishing experiences for content creators. I am excited to share “Powered By,” a feature that enables you to quickly identify pages that were created with a template. This way, you can easily create similar content by using the same template!

Powered_by_demo.gif

Find and use templates faster

Have you ever come across a page created by a teammate that inspires you to create your own content? Have you ever considered if they used a template?

Anytime you or your teammates create and publish pages using a template, “with a template” will appear in the authorship byline. Simply hover over “with a template” to see which template this content was created with. You may then use this same template to create similar content of your own or explore other templates that may be of interest to you.

This feature is currently rolling out so if you don’t see it on your Confluence Cloud instance today, it will be live on your site soon. We hope you enjoy this new feature.

Leave any feedback below in the comments and stay tuned for more templates features coming soon!

Create with confidence!

PS. We are gearing up to accelerate new functionality around our Confluence templates experience including new templates! We’re excited to dig in with our community to learn from you all what you’d like to see next!

Thanks!

11 comments

ines.mendes December 20, 2022

Love this! 🙌

@Sam Lucas , since you work on improving template experience, I'd like to bring your attention to this ticket: "Ability to add Page Header image in Template" - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-73414?filter=111266 

Thanks

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

@Sam Lucas I am looking forward to this improvement. Will it only surface pages created from the default template gallery, or will it also include Global and Space templates that exist in the org?

Like Sarah Elmer likes this
Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

@ines.mendes Thank you! I will look into this! What other Templates improvements are on your mind that will improve you and your team's Template experience? If you're interested, please schedule a brief zoom call with me to chat about templates ! 

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 21, 2022

@Andy Gladstone great question! This feature will work for both the default template gallery AND all of your custom templates across global and space templates! I'd love to hear your feedback on how we can continue to improve this feature! 

Like Deleted user likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

This is very welcome, but can you search for "powered by"?  I know a lot of people would love to be able to use CQL to find stuff that's been created using a template they're about to update or remove.

Like # people like this
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2023

This is a welcome addition! The idea from @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- would be a phenomenal filter for the Advanced Search screen, too.

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Nancy January 12, 2023

Hi Sam,

If your realm of Templates extends to Spaces, we would love to be able to build a space and make it a template.  We have built our own templates for items in a space and now we are copying those to our new blank space.  If I could just create a new space using our custom space template, that would make life easier.

Like # people like this
Travis Hibble January 12, 2023

I agree with @Nancy It would be great to have Space templates, Our spaces tend to have a common setup.

Like # people like this
Alison Milne January 15, 2023

Handy new feature!

Sam Lucas
Atlassian Team
January 16, 2023

@Nancy @Travis Hibble We have space templates on our radar as well! 

Like # people like this
Anne Saunders
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

@Sam Lucas For Space Templates, all I ask is that I be able to either create & control them or edit the ones that you guys put out, because the only thing worse than building a whole space from scratch is trying to remember everything I need to touch to modify a template that doesn't quite fit.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events