Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page status, a new way to keep your team informed!

97 comments

Matthew McGarity July 18, 2022

The announcement email was titled "Our biggest release yet", and we get...non-reportable page statuses and a YouTube channel announcement.  Hyperbole, anyone?

Before this change, we would use the /status macro in a page properties table, so we could roll-up statuses to a central tracking page.  This new page-level status value doesn't solve for that, so we likely won't use it.

However, page status has potential to be useful if:

• You allow for some roll-up reporting
  • The value shows in page trees (left-hand menu, or Children List macros, etc.  This could be as simple as displaying the color swatch vs. full label
  • The value shows up in search results, so users clearly understand what's canon vs. in-progress
Like # people like this
Ari Velazquez July 18, 2022

Adding to the chorus. This is nice but would be 10000x more useful if there were associated macros that could show reports.

Like # people like this
brosenek July 21, 2022

What would take this from being cute to being useful for our org would be adding visibility in page navigation on the left, even if it was just a colored circle to match the status. Really lazy mockup below.

Untitled.png

Like # people like this
Nicholas Wade July 23, 2022

Yawn.... more silk purse.. sow's ear ... 

Áron Gyenes July 25, 2022

Hi! Is there any way to limit which users can update the status of the page?

Like Lucas Mazzino likes this
Reinhard Mayr August 1, 2022

(How) can I search for pages with a given status?

Like Darrel Jackson likes this
Nicholas Wade August 1, 2022

Yawn! This is nothing more than another sticker, which has NO functionality other than what can be made up by over zealous copy writers.

Vladan Radmilovic August 9, 2022

Please integrate page statuses with various page summary macros (Children Display, Table of Contents, Page Tree)

Like # people like this
Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2022

I created 2 feature requests that would greatly improve this new feature:

Add option to show page status in various macros
Include page status in Confluence search (the description should be adapted for this one but I can't)

Like # people like this
sandra_glaser August 15, 2022

Hey dear Atlassian, I like it on the one side cause it is more visible on top of the page, on the other side I agree with @jessier above & @Jean W.  it is definitely missing to get it displayed in any report. Are you planning to add there as well & when can we expect that?

Like # people like this
Tim Kauger August 18, 2022

This is an excellent first step but isn't very useful beyond being a visual aid. This can't be tied to automations, nor can we pull page status into any sort of data-gathering or tracking tools. Just echoing what everyone else has said so far. Please make this better!

Like # people like this
Kristian Klima August 18, 2022

@Tim Kauger Exactly, this screams to have a practical impact on page-based workflow and automation.

Like # people like this
Dario Ligero September 2, 2022

Please, "Status Analytics" to improve the documentation of certain spaces!!!!

SPACE  >   

• 35% pages in "Rough draft"   >>> Show pages list 
  • 35% pages in "In progress"  >>> Show pages list 
  • 30% pages in "Ready for review"  >>> Show pages list 

Thanks!!!!

Like # people like this
DanielRafyi September 7, 2022

Hi, 

i really like the new status approach and the possibility to track the status over time in the page history. 

The only thing i am missing is some report to create an overview over my pages including their status. 

Is atlassian providing that? 

Daniel 

Like # people like this
Vincent van der Meer September 12, 2022

This is nice! It would be great if I could use it with Confluence automation and Confluence permissions. E.g set a new content status when the page is edited or restrict editing of pages to certain users/groups when labelled with a certain content status.

Like # people like this
Linda Stolk September 16, 2022

Is there a way to create a 'page report' with the statuses (similar to the 'page report' for action items) whereby it displays the title/link to the page and the status beside it?

Like # people like this
Davide Legacci October 14, 2022

I also join in with above users:

• Let us search for pages per status (report macro)
Like # people like this
Tamsyn O'Leary October 23, 2022

I'm the administrator of our team space in confluence and I have this functionality to add statuses (also emojis and header image), which is great but annoying that you have to edit the page to change the status. However, I have noticed that my team members don't have this functionality when they create, edit a page in our space. Is there some kind of setting/permission I haven't enabled? Content Statuses is turned on. Thanks

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Andreas Bosshart November 10, 2022

Great feature. I hope, the status will soon be displayed in the page tree macros.

Like # people like this
Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2022

Interesting feature! Is there an (official) API for this? See my post in the dev community here https://community.developer.atlassian.com/t/page-content-status-get-and-set-via-rest-api/63789 - Thanks!

Like # people like this
Carsten Sauter January 31, 2023

Nice feature, but useless without any possibility of reporting or filtering. After wasting hours for "how to simple report the main standard status of a page" I found this community article ...

==> Please add a possibility to use the information about the standard status of a page within page-property at least. Thank you in advance.

Like # people like this
Adrian Hülsmann - B1NARY
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 31, 2023

Hey community,

If native page status is too limited for your use case, you might check out Breeze, available via the Atlassian Marketplace.

It implements automated review and archiving workflows and provides dedicated views for outdated pages ready to review or archive.

4.gif

In addition, its feature set includes

• automated content analyses,
  • page review and archiving workflows,
  • page and space ownership,
  • reports and notifications,
  • bulk archiving and deletion,
  • analytics,
  • data export for processing all your content, ownership and status information  via CSV
  • and more to update outdated pages quickly and enhance collaboration.

👉 To anyone interested, feel free to give it a try or schedule an appointment with me for a personal demo.

Cheers, Adrian from B1NARY (the developers of Breeze)

Darrel Jackson February 13, 2023

Just found the page today and I am excited to see this feature. Our current solution is to use a Status macro in a Page Properties macro. We then use a Page Properties Report macro to report on page statuses.

Unfortunately, the current feature has no way to report on it so we won't be using it. Perhaps add it to the Page Properties Report macro?

As a sample use case:  we have a Confluence space which manages the lifecycle for ~100 process documents. These are then published to another site when ready for publishing. We have a fortnightly session to review the lifecycle. We use Page Properties Report macro to quickly find pages in "Ready for publishing" status.

Like # people like this
Guillaume Cheseaux February 20, 2023

Great idea and great potential!

But implementing that feature without allowing us to list the pages with a specific status in a report or to search for pages with a specific status, is not great 😖

Like # people like this
Lucas Mazzino February 20, 2023

Completely agree with you Guillaume Cheseaux !!!

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events