New icons for your Confluence Spaces!

Hi Community,

I’m Nick Bourlier, a backend software engineer working on Confluence Cloud. Our team has been busy working on some awesome features that make it easier for you to find your content quickly! I’m excited to share with you how we’ve updated the icon experience for your Spaces in Confluence.

New Spaces will now have randomized, fun icons for identification

In the past, every time you created a team (non-personal) Space, a blue folder was generated as the default icon. This led to a bunch of Spaces with boring blue folder icons that looked something like this:

image-20210208-222747.png

Now, when you create a Space, a new colorful icon will randomly be selected and set as the default! This will help you find Spaces faster since they are more easily distinguishable from one another. Plus you can customize the icon.

image-20210209-000100.png

Don’t worry - Spaces that you’ve already created will not be affected by this change. Plus, Personal Spaces will still have the user’s profile picture as the icon, just like before!

Editing a Space icon is now even easier

The old experience when uploading and editing a custom Space icon was functional, but certainly not pretty. We’ve refreshed the experience to meet the latest Atlassian design guidelines.

image-20210325-190854.png

The Gallery tab allows you to pick from a colorful set of icons if you don’t want to upload your own custom one. And if you would like to start over, the Restore default button restores the icon to the same one that was randomly generated when the Space was created.

image-20210325-191056.png

This feature is currently in the process of being gradually rolled out, and it should find its way to your Confluence instance soon. If you have any feedback, please reach out by commenting on this post. Our goal is to make your experience as smooth as possible so you can easily find your content and get back to work!

3 comments

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2021

I appreciate this change! Anything to make the user experience happier is a win.

If only I could change my Cloud organization icons! 😂 (Hopefully we can, and I just haven't figured out how to yet...)

Like # people like this
Rodney Hughes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2021

With so much wrong in having removed SO many TRULY useful features from the Cloud Editor, this is just "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic"

Like Chris Timmer likes this
George Adams April 27, 2021

Fantastic and more accessibility friendly which is always important and oversight in most products developed.  It is always about having those connected experiences that gets the user more engaged.  Thanks for the great work @Nick Bourlier 

Like Nick Bourlier likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events