New Global Permissions Enhancements in Confluence

I’m Neha Bhayana, a Principal Product Manager for Confluence Cloud and I’m excited to share some updates we made for Global Permissions.

To start, the whole page got a facelift so when you do need to scan all the options, it should be easier to read! Check out the before and after!

image-20210226-223938.png

Expand groups to see members, in one place

Previously you could not easily check which teammates were in which group. You had to open an entirely new screen to find this information. Well, now we built it right into the Global Permissions page, for ease.

groups.png

Search & filter to find what you need, fast

Brand new to the Global Permission settings is the search bar and filter options. This gives you quick control without endless scrolling so you can act fast.

The search allows you to search by name or email. The filter options presented allow you to check which groups have access by permission level.

search and filter.png

Sort user types with new tabs, for easier navigation

Quickly find what you are looking for by using the new tabs at the top:

• Users

• External groups

• Jira Service Desk access

• Anonymous access

• Apps

tab.png

Get back to your Admin Hub with one click

Quickly manage groups with the new button from the global navigation settings.

admin ub.png

We have more improvements coming to permissions but we hope you enjoy these in the meantime!

5 comments

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

I'm interested in seeing the changes, do you have an estimate of when we will start seeing them?

Neha Bhayana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 10, 2021

Hi @Kristin Lyons - thanks for asking. We are rolling out the changes in a phased manner. We expect the rollout to be complete by end of next week, so you should be able to see this on your instance on or before 19th March 2021. Thanks!

Like # people like this
Clinton Mancer March 17, 2021

Nice and somewhat due.

Thank you.

Sebastian March 17, 2021

What i see from the screenshots only so far: You added also here more white space and less information on one page. Thats again a "looking nice" change but nothing for real business.

When you work with 10 test accounts - its nice. When you have more then 100 accounts - you are lost.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2021

I am very excited to see the changes!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events