New! Emojis in page titles & page header images 🥳 🖼

69 comments

Chris Luebcke September 20, 2021

Bring back image borders you monsters

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-68220

Like # people like this
Artur Szalak September 21, 2021

So we get emojis in titles but no proper support for image resizing/ images in tables, pdf export of images within tables? 

Is Confluence becoming a Tumblr alternative or what's the idea here? Some of us are still writing detailed technical requirements and documentation using Conf...

I'd like to emoji in a comment here that I give up on Confluence. 

Like # people like this
thomasfogh September 24, 2021

Image headers. This isn't working? Not for me at least. I can choose from a list of stock header images (that do not display). Then when chosen - I just get a big grey area - and I cannot remove it again?

Like Janet Fowler likes this
Martin Emmert October 7, 2021

Nice feature. I like to use emojis to preview the status of documents. It works like a charm in the tree navigation but all other ToC macros do not display them. Is this still in progress or do I have to use something else to display subpages with emoji and the title of a page?

Cheers, Martin

(left: tree-navigation; right: ToC Macro)

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-07 um 11.48.39.pngBildschirmfoto 2021-10-07 um 11.51.26.png

Rolf Abildgaard-Roope October 26, 2021

Big fan of this, as I can give the pages a more company feeling.

Fanny Roussel November 24, 2021

Adding visual tags to your pages does not turn them into Instagram or fancy blog posts. A help center or documentation, even technical, does not have to look like a stark, monochrome dictionary. For the pleasure of your audience, but also for the clarity and accessibility of your content, some visual cues like emojis can be beneficial. First impressions do matter. 

We have been using emojis in titles and contents for a long time and used to add them manually in the titles before this feature was released. The pages about our product features have a particular emoji (the red book) while more technical pages (like product implementation) have another one, for instance. Our visitors have learned to recognize the type of page (and target audience) from these emojis, especially when searching for content. We do not use a lot of different emojis - nor do we use too many colors in our documents-, but the result is simple and pages are easy to identify, find and navigate.

sss.png

Unfortunately, this emoji feature does not meet our main use case, as the chosen emojis are not visible in the search results and ToC macros. Therefore, we keep adding external emojis manually.

Like # people like this
Sebastian Mühleis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2021

Hi @Eric Le and @Lulu Wang ,

great feature you implemented here.

But am I also able to change the size of the header image (so the size of the image actually displayed?

Because the size you offer right now is not ideal for what I'm trying to do ;-)

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work,

Sebastian

Erik Meegdes December 10, 2021

Hi, I see the images in confluence, but when an external user of the knowledge base (via ticket in Jira) is opening that page: no header....

NoHeaderVisibleForExternalVisitors.jpg

Mukesh K. Rundla January 13, 2022

It's nice, I can see images n confluence

Steve February 7, 2022

I added a header image but now when I edit the page, I just get a spinner on a gray background and can't remove it.

I even deleted attachments, purged the trash, and the silly image is still stuck at the top of my personal space... <grrrr>

Bas Zwaan February 9, 2022

Unfortunately, if you have a header with text. The text moves away when you work on a smaller screen (e.g. the size doesn't adjust normally to screen size). 

Leading to this for example (supposed to say Research & Development):

image.png

Original:

image.png

Is there a way to solve this?

laura.labarbera March 4, 2022

hola!!! como puedo agregar un emoji personalizado en el titulo de una plantilla personalizada?

Kelly Treadaway March 22, 2022

please help .... I tried to add header image, it wouldn't load picture but now left grey box which i cant remove. I've tried back space, hovering over image to find remove option, attachments for page ... nothing seems to work to remove it ... any ideas? trying to avoid re creating page for the sake of this :(

Daniel Vazome May 16, 2022

Would you add emoji support in search items? Now it only shows blue document icon as always.

Bill Rudy June 7, 2022

What versions of Cloud and/or Server is this available in? 

James Dellow
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2022

@Bill Rudy this is a cloud-only feature

blackforcegroup6m1 September 4, 2023

How can i write a text inside an header image. like write a title inside the header image

athos September 14, 2023

It would be great to be able to add emojis (and header images) to templates. I'm using the "Lock w/ Key" emoji to help members of our support team quickly see which documents are targeted / restricted to internal use within the team vs. written for broader distribution within the organization.

It seems very effective so far. I'd like to push that out as a standard within the team, including the less Confluence savvy authors. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events