New! Customizable panels to make your pages pop 💥

49 comments

Merrill Oates DA Admin_Own May 5, 2022

I think it is worth noting for the group following this announcement page as well, that while unicorn icons and rainbow pastel panel colors can be a nice addition in some cases, these new Custom Panels are still extremely limited in comparison to the original Panel Macro feature (still available in the Old Editor).

You can see the request ticket here:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66752

Please visit it and add your voice and vote to actually restore the customizable features that really are needed to create flexible content displays. 

Like • # people like this
Haddon Fisher May 16, 2022

Haddon Fisher
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hey @Sekajipo Taplah sorry to mention you directly, but could you please get CONFCLOUD-66752 reopened? There's references to this functionality being the fix for that ticket, but it's an entirely separate request.

Owen Scott May 24, 2022

+1 for adding this to Jira

Nicholas Wade May 24, 2022

There's an old..old saying... "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"...

Until Atlassian gets it's act together and starts rooting out some of the basic problems that plague Confluence - such as a totally useless numbering system... A sow's ear is all you're going to be left with - regardless of the pointless baubles to hang on your /panel..... utter rubbish.

Linda Claes May 25, 2022

confluence-colorful-panels.png

Love this new feature!
:-) 

Nicholas Wade May 25, 2022

Is there somewhere I can disable/leave Atlassian Confluence new features notifications yet still retain notifications when issues are reported/resolved. 

I really get annoyed with this constant barrage of lovey-dovey nonsense over a CM tool. Some of us actually have to use this 'technological road crash' in earnest.

Tara English-Sweeney May 25, 2022

Thanks! @PaweÅ‚ MikoÅ‚ajczuk I tried to create a panel behind a layout, however, this still cannot be done, correct?

Like • Rob Kunces likes this
Dan Iveson May 27, 2022

Oh so you've given us a feature for the cloud editor that was always present and more functional in the on-prem editor? Wow, well done <- sarcasm, by the way.

Now please fix the rest of the editor issues that we want sorting out.

Nicholas Wade May 27, 2022

I'm with guy above.... (Dan Iveson).. Save these gimmicks for hanging on the Christmas tree....

and by the way - Still can't use them in a numbered list... bah..humbug!

Rob Kunces May 29, 2022

Please bring back the on-prem version 'Panels' feature set to the cloud version.  This latest update does not address/include all previous features including colored borders.

Like • Shri likes this
Andreas Kyriacou May 30, 2022

Any chance of supporting images within panels? I'd have a dozen uses for them.

peter_goodall June 8, 2022

I love this for adding colour to my pages and highlighting certain content, but it is far less useful because I cannot embed other elements in this this panel. For instance, I cannot use the Image macro, or the Table of Contents macro. :-(

Definitely a step in the right direction, though.

Like • Shri likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hi @peter_goodall , the team is currently working on more nesting capabilities not only for panels but throughout confluence!

Like • Andreas Kyriacou likes this
Brian Johansen June 30, 2022

Is this coming to Jira Cloud ?
I really hope so as it would makes issues much cleaner without icons, since you removed the markup panels stuff.
I made a jira on it here for you: 
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-79305

Jira Cloud panels
JiraPanels.PNG

Confluence panels
ConfluencePanels.PNG

Irene Rodríguez July 12, 2022

When will we be able to add images inside a panel in Confluence Cloud? Atm it's just not possible and honestly, it's way more useful as a feature than being able to add custom emojis

Samuel Leung September 7, 2022

This is a great start but far from the end goal. 
We need to be able to nest any and all sorts of content/macros within the panels.
Carry out a full discovery on the capabilities of the original Panel Macro's, and then set out to implement as many of the core features of that plugin into the cloud equivalent.

Like • Brian Johansen likes this
jackz314 September 7, 2022

It would be great if it's possible to save these custom panels for reuse later on somehow (e.g. with a custom / command or add it to the popup that lists the different options for default panels).

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

I use this feature for reusable announcement banner content. If the source content is updated, any pages including the needed macro are also automatically updated. I can change or "hide" banners any time by only updating one source page, like in the screenshot below. Love it!

macro-include3.png

Like • Sekajipo Taplah likes this
Eivind Fjærvoll March 30, 2023

Is it possible to get this with only the icons? I want to switch between these icons in editing mode. And I don't want the information panel. 

Sébastien OZANNE May 23, 2023

Hi !

I am interested to have customizable panels in jira to do sexy templates like in this YT video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhidhEleA7Y

If you have any idea or update to that, I'd be very grateful.

Sabina Horigan September 12, 2023

If you can't nest a macro like the TOC or Child Pages, then it's useless. Also, since you don't have the border or border/header option like the original one, it looks absurd to put gobs of text in a solid colored box. 

Please just bring back the original panel box. 

Joseph Orellana September 19, 2023

This is still nowhere near the level of customization we had on server. Please reopen https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-66752 and work on implementing the same level of customization that was possible on server.

Like • Wendy Randall likes this
Wendy Randall
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2023

Need to be able to add images, tables, and links in the Custom Panels like we did before.  Also need to be able to highlight an image and text and left justify and the text be beside not under the image. Going to Confluence Cloud Editor was a backwards move and this completely messed up a lot of my pages. I had access to a lot more functions before this change.

Like • Kimberly Phillipp likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events