Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My First User Macro.

Hello all!

As we all continue to learn Confluence, you might come across an area which "grinds your gears". 

• TABLES frustrate me a bit

gears.jpg

Some of my templates have "table = 100%" coded in the HTML.

The purpose was to make the page's tables look uniform, but when I copied and pasted one of those tables, the formatting was lost. I would then need to re-code the table width.

After searching the Atlassian community on how to hide the table border, I came across a posting from @Davin Studer who supplied a user macro!

After seeing how an user macro is setup, I attempted to create my own user macro for table width... and was successful! 

##Macro Name: max_table_width
##Macro Title: Max Table Width
##Macro Body Processing: Rendered

## Macro title: Max Table Width
## Developed by: Jonathan M. Smith
## Date created: 10/12/2018
## @noparams

<style>
.maxtablewidth table.confluenceTable {width: 100%;}
</style>
<div class="maxtablewidth">$body</div>

max.jpg

I would like to thank the community for supplying thoughts and content to "noobs" like me which helped create my first macro. 

Regards,

Jonathan

3 comments

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2018

Hi @Jonathan Smith - congrats to your own Macro! Really cool. That motivates me to also try it! Many ideas - many problems with the implementation :D

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2018

Nice job sir! User macros FTW!

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2021

Interesting way to adjust the tables :) 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events