Moving pages just got easier!

Hi everyone!

I'm Nicholas Reichert, a software developer here at Atlassian, working on Confluence Cloud. My team's been hard at work making it easier for you to move pages across your site.

Previously, if you wanted to move a page while you were editing, you would usually have to close the editor, move the page, and then go back to your edits. That inconvenient workflow will soon be a thing of the past! Instead, you can now move any page or blog right from the editor. (As always for moves, you must have permission to delete the content and create it in its new location.) Just like on the view screen, you can move through the ‘more actions’ menu (the "..." button,) or you can click the new pencil icon next to the breadcrumbs:

Demo high quality.gif

You'll have access to the same improved move dialog that’s available on the view screen. Unlike the current move dialog for draft pages, this improved dialog shows a preview of the page tree, so you can select and visualize the page’s location before you confirm the move. Within this preview, you can drag and drop the page to its new location, or even move it to a different space.

MovePageDialog.png

We're also introducing a better dialog for moving blogs, too! The previous move blog modal (below, left) looked a bit dated. The cleaner-looking modal (below, right) matches with the rest of Confluence and will be available both in the editor and on the view screen.

Move blog comparison.png

This change is just a small part of our work to modernize Confluence and make editing a breeze. We'll be rolling out this feature slowly during June, so if you don't see it just yet, you will soon.

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

8 comments

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 5, 2023

cool!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2023

This is a small but powerful update. So many times I've been inside the editor and also needed to move the page, but had to publish first, alerting users watching the space to an update that mysteriously disappeared once I moved the page to a different space.

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2023

I love it, I needed this feature, and I'm standing 100% with @Andy Gladstone on his use case. When creating a page as part of a page tree, I always stumble across the issue of a page being created in the wrong position (let's say it's a recurring meeting notes page following particular order). Now I can reposition the page while creating it, which is just perfect.

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

This is so nice! Such a great update! I've needed this feature many, many times! 

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2023

Great update! I've needed this many times as well. 😊

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2023

I don't move pages that often upon creating a new page (or editing) and I would say I mostly use it when I use make.page URL. With this, however, I can save a couple of clicks - definitely a nice update!

Mary Agueros June 14, 2023

I will definitely be using this feature. Thank you for the implementation.

Nguyễn Xuân Thông June 14, 2023

Small but brilliant change

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events