πŸ–βŒ Meet-less Monday Challenge #1: A healthier alternative to meetings

36 comments

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2021

Super difficult for people like me, I'm assigned to multiple engineering team to help them in solving technical issues and help them design resilient systems.

But I'm into smaller ad-hoc meeting, they are fun and objective oriented instead of one hour long discussion that starts with waiting for people to join and discussing Covid.

Meetings.png

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

@Bridget 

Does this still count, because I am super late to the party (as always) and although there's loads of meetings planned this coming Friday, NONE are work related.... πŸ˜ŠπŸ’™

My TOP TIP for meeting less using Confluence is to use templates really wisely and encourage people to fill them in properly.... example: once we couldn't meet for our Retro so I got everyone to fill it in themselves. Amazing end result! People actually participated MORE as a result than if they had been there or called in. (Shame I cannot share the full version of it due to GDPR... it's bootiful!

Looking forward to the upcoming challenges!

MeetLess_1.jpg

Like β€’ # people like this
Mauricio GALVEZ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2021

30min meetings are very effective if you are well self-organized person!

meetless.png

Like β€’ Dave Liao likes this
Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 21, 2021

It's been a brave new world for me in May (just in time for this meet-less challenge). As a coordinator, I stopped attending the daily stand-up meeting.

Any priority changes are shared in a dedicated chat channel before the stand-up and any blockers are shared back to me via the channel or email.

Thanks over an hour each week of time I'm more productive.!

Like β€’ Bridget likes this
Pedro Silva May 21, 2021

Free today! 

Deleted user May 21, 2021

The recurring meeting template is super, thank you! 

I introduced 'no meetings Friday' 4 weeks ago for my frazzled team and it has been welcomed. I'm now spreading the word across the organisation. 

We're now challenging ourselves about our other meetings. E.g. we used to run a roadmap update session once per Sprint, to keep the team informed about progress with planning and looking-ahead to future Sprints. We're now going to encourage people to use the JIRA roadmap link instead.

Daily Scrum, aka stand-up - thanks for the reminder Sagar Mahajan - my timer will be set in Monday's stand-up.   

Mechee May 25, 2021

today.jpg

I'll create the meeting notes page ahead of time using the Blueprint template. When I send the invite, I include the agenda with empty bullet points. If no one adds items to it, I start adding things that no one wants to get into or that is way off topic. By the time we get the meeting reminder, I usually have additions to the agenda that include things we really do need to talk about.

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

@Mechee - have any example topics that you use that no one ever agrees to? I'm tempted to add some of those to my meetings. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Mechee May 25, 2021

@Dave Liao Not a specific example but usually, with any meeting goal, if you add something having to do with the documentation, like review the current user manual layout structure, there are bound to be some higher priority discussion topics offered.

KristjΓ‘n Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2021

Love it! I even changed my default meeting time in Outlook to 30 min :) I am still trying out the template. Thanks.

cal.jpg

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Sorry, the post might be too late but  I just grabbed a Meet-less Monday Screenshot.

Calender_Screen_Shot.jpg

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events