πŸ“£ Manage your automations based on user groups in Confluence! 🎁

πŸ‘‹ Community! Avinoam from Confluence Automation here once again and today I'm excited to announce that you can leverage user groups with automation!

What does this mean?

We've released a new trigger that allows you to run automations based on when someone is added to one or more user groups.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.42.38β€―PM.png

For example, to help with automating user management and access, I can create a rule that when users are added to the "site-admins" group they're then given guest access to the "software development" space.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.46.27β€―PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.46.35β€―PM.png

Another example, can be to create a rule that automatically send a welcome email to users once they've been added to a certain user group as part of employee onboarding with a link to the team's space overview with all the information they need to start they're new role.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 2.53.10β€―PM.png

When it will be available?

Most of these are already live or rolling out this week to all Confluence Premium and Enterprise customers!

We want to hear from you!

We’d love your feedback so please feel free to schedule time with us directly here or drop a comment on this post :pray:

1 comment

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 19, 2024

@Avinoam Great to see another trigger type. I definitely see users vesting more in the second example over the first. We already do something similar in Slack so being able to do something with Confluence around what goes where and who to speak to etc could be really cool.

The reason I don't necessarily think we would do the first example is because we would merely define in the permission scheme group access over adding users to space permissions if that makes sense.

Dan

Like β€’ Avinoam likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events