Latest Blogs Updates: Simplified Navigation Awaits

Hi Confluence Community,

We are thrilled to announce that we are in the process of rolling out changes to Blogs for all customers across all editions. These changes aim to simplify navigation and streamline your blogging experience.

What’s Changing

1. For spaces with blogs enabled, blogs will appear as a section beneath the content tree.

2. The blogs section will be ordered chronologically.

blogs1.png

1. Blogs will be disabled in all existing spaces that have 0 blogs.

Note: Blogs will not be turned off automatically if the Blogs toggle has been enabled manually.

blogs2.png

1. Blogs will be disabled by default for newly created spaces.

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 10.18.54 AM.png

FAQ

How do I toggle Blogs On/Off?

If you are a space admin, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Space settings.

2. Find the Features section under Manage space.

3. Toggle the Blogs option on/off as needed.

If you are not a space admin and would like to publish a blog in a space where blogs are turned off, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Space settings.

2. Find the Space Details section under Manage space.

3. Contact one of the space admins listed under Administrators to turn blogs on.

Will these updates apply to personal spaces?

Yes, these updates will apply to all spaces, including personal spaces.

We’d love to hear from you! Feel free to share your thoughts and feedback on this post.

2 comments

Jana Baldermann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2024

Hi @Christian Martinez

thank you for the update!

What we are missing with the new location of the Blogs is the overview page. Thanks to Roberto from your support team, we have received a link to the overview page, which we have now temporarily added to the shortcuts.

However, it would be nice to be able to access that overview page directly when clicking on "Blogs". Maybe even opening an overview page of the respective year when clicking e.g. on 2024.

This overview page is a key feature of the blog for us as it allows us to share a link to all blogs as well as seeing the publication date and author of different blogs at a glance. Roberto has already summarized all this for us in a feature request: [CONFCLOUD-79780] Add the "All blogs" overview page to the new Blogs section under Content tree - Create and track feature requests for Atlassian products.

Are there any plans of bringing that overview page back?

Thank you for your support!

Best regards
Jana

Like # people like this
Becker_ Rene
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 14, 2024

Hi

I understand why you automatically hide the Blog option (I do not like it, but I understand).

But why in the world would you automatically disable it in the "Features" section of the offending space and only allow space admins to re-enable it?

And do you hate us so much, that you do not implement a central switch to re-enable blogs? (or did I just not find it?)

With some 1.500 spaces and most of them not yet(!) using blogs, our 1 1/2 Confluence admins will have to either deploy space admins (... no!) or re-enable these blogs on a per space basis ...

Will you please at least implement a way to centrally disable this ... "feature"?

PS: lately you started to implement so many stupid things (App banners, users unwillingly creating instances, hide fields in Jira without asking, forcing service bots on ppl, 'databases' that are basically just tables w/o extra typical database features, still not fixing 'everything will reload via JS', ...) that you are pushing us away instead of drawing us closer. Maybe you can convince some of your managers to reflect on some of those decisions.

Like Lau_ Michael likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events