Introducing refreshed Email Notification Settings for Confluence!

Over the next couple of weeks, we’re excited to announce that we’re giving you more control over your Confluence email notifications!

We’ve heard from many of you through multiple channels that some email updates in Confluence are more relevant to you than others, so we’re rolling out more options for which notifications you receive and when you want to receive them. (Remember, Watching spaces/ is how you receive notifications for most activity in Confluence). The preferences we’re introducing cover multiple areas of notifications from direct to you (ie. mentions) to watching notifications (comments, updates). We have made it possible to toggle this on/off and choose where you receive these updates (real time or in your daily digest).

Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 2.24.57 PM.png

Note: admin updates will only show if you are space or product admin and contain several new preferences to choose from.

To get to your settings page, click your Avatar in the upper right corner, and then click ‘Settings’, and on the left hand side choose ‘Email.' From here, you can now opt in or out of several email notification types that are triggered - we’ve organized these by both channel (Digest or real time). Remember these settings will apply across all the spaces you have access to.

blur2.png

For ‘Content I own’ and ‘Content I’m watching' please make sure that you are actually watching a space or page first and then these settings will apply. As an example, if am not watching a page I own, then I will not receive notifications for those page even if this section are all toggled on. This way, you can always stop receiving notifications notifications on a noisy page by simply ‘Stop watching’ on that page.

If you turn off direct to you notifications such as mentions, you will be turning off mentions entirely anytime someone mentions you in any page or space you have access to.

We’ve added some customizations to your Daily Digest as well- currently you receive new pages/blogs, updates, reactions, comments in your Digest and now you’re free to choose exactly what shows up in your Digest. Digest is also no longer tied to real time notifications, so, you can choose to have both Digest updated pages on, as well as receiving them in real time. You no longer have to choose one or the other.

Screenshot 2023-09-23 at 5.14.18 PM.png

Keep in mind, this change is only applicable for your email notifications. Most notification types will still show up in your notification feed in Confluence (which you can open by clicking the bell icon in the top right corner or through ). If you’re using the Confluence iOS or Android mobile apps, you can decide which push notifications you receive directly from settings in the app itself.

Please let us know any feedback you have, either here in the comments. We hope it’s a great step forward in helping you receive the most relevant notifications to get your work done in Confluence!

3 comments

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2023

Hi @Nancy Shao 

Thank you for sharing and making things like notification more personal.

What I am missing personally is however even more control of it. Daily Digest is a good way forward, but wouldn't be better to give more choice like daily at specific time or going a step further .. not only daily (since there might be some people that do not want it every day) but give option to choose specific day of a week when you want to receive a notification / updates?  

Ed Burnette September 29, 2023

I'd like to see:

• An option to get a digest on spaces I don't watch
  • An option to control the format of the digest, for example, I'd like to choose a more compact format

These options would help me keep on top of developments in all the different parts of the company with a quick scan.

Like # people like this
elizabeth_hotson February 6, 2024

"As a space admin, receive an email when a guest is added to your space" sends a lot of emails- is there a way to turn this off by default?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events