Introducing embedded Confluence pages in Jira Software!

Hello Community :wave:

My name is Lennon Liao, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Team. Today, I’m excited to announce that you now can view, edit, and create Confluence pages from Jira Software! We’re currently rolling out this feature over the next few weeks—this will be available for all customers by the end of January 2022.

Go to Project pages c.gif

We know that many of our customers are working regularly in Jira and in Confluence, so we wanted to deliver a more integrated product experience that will help teams streamline their workflows. With Confluence embedded pages in Jira project pages, you can:

:mag: View pages faster

Access relevant Confluence pages easily from your list of project pages to better manage contextual documentation and resources, without leaving Jira Software. 

Click to View c.gif

:pen_ballpoint: Create pages in one click

Reduce the time required to capture and share information by creating Confluence pages from templates directly in Jira Software.

Create new.gif

📝 Edit page content inside Jira 

Capture changes, ensure documents are up to date, and collaborate more effectively with real-time editing capabilities in Jira Software.

Click to edit.gif

Our team is committed to delivering a more seamless product experience, and you and your teams will continue to see more updates! If you have any further questions or feedback, please provide it here.

94 comments

Lars Fessler December 1, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao

this sounds really great! Will it also be available in Datacenter at some time?

Kind Regards,

Lars

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 3, 2021

Hi @Lars Fessler, at this time we don't have plans to enable this capability in the Data Center version of Confluence. If anything changes, will definitely let you know. In the mean time, there are existing features to help you link project pages and Jira issues easily!  

Like # people like this
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2021

This is fresh air! I love it!

Like # people like this
Elizabeth Andrews December 6, 2021

How do I turn tabled information within Confluence into Jira tickets? I can not see the Jira icon when I highlight text and I have checked my permissions are enabled correctly for shortcuts. 

Like Andrea Price likes this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2021

Hi @Elizabeth Andrews That feature is not yet available in the "embedded page" within Jira. But we will be supporting them soon! 🙂 In the mean time, you can still turn tabled information into Jira tickets if you are in the Confluence application. 

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Any timelines for dc?

Like Petr Plenkov likes this
Ami Emery - Ricksoft_ Inc_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2021

Wow, this feature sounds fantastic!! It was a bit of a hassle that I had to open multiple tabs and go back and forth. I'm looking forward to it.

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 9, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim We currently don't have plans to enable this capability in the Data Center. If anything changes, will definitely let you know. In the mean time, there are existing features to help you link project pages and Jira issues easily. Thanks!  

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao ,

Some people are asking for being able to delete unpublished pages. Do you think that would be possible?

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Edyson Solaiman December 14, 2021

Hi,

We are currently using Refined plugin so our user can see both Jira Service desk and our Confluence KB page.

Does it mean that user can now go to our Jira Service desks and they can see embedded Confluence page without Refined after implementation?

Thanks

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2021

@Ignacio Pulgar Yes deleting unpublished pages is high on our radar and we are planning to support that! 

In the mean time, am curious how do you currently deal with this limitation? Do you go to Confluence to delete the unpublished page instead? 

Like Ignacio Pulgar likes this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 14, 2021

Hi @Edyson Solaiman This new feature is specific to Jira Software (within the Project Pages module available on the left hand nav) as opposed to Jira Service Desk. 

This new feature doesn't impact your current implementation with the Refined plugin. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Fakhfouri Vahid December 14, 2021

Very nice feature, thanks. Is it possible to use the content of some fields of a JIRA directly in Confluence. E.g. I want to use the Description field directly in Confluence to start documenting a feature I just released.

Like # people like this
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao ,

Since those drafts didn't contain anything sensitive, they are being published just to be able to delete them from Jira, through this Project Pages feature.

Thanks

Like Lennon Liao likes this
Chris Timmer December 15, 2021

This is an exciting addition. 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao 

Thanks for this addition, and...

• Can this feature be disabled for an entire Jira Cloud instance?
  • How does this feature relate to licensing: is it included in the Jira license or Confluence to use the feature?

Some customers have different license limits for Jira and Confluence licensing, so opening this up to all projects could quickly increase usage needs if the license for the feature falls under Confluence rather than Jira.

Kind regards,
Bill

Like # people like this
Benoit Crouzit December 15, 2021

This seems like a great feature @Lennon Liao

From the screenshots, it is difficult to see where the pages will be accessible from: will it be possible to incorporate into Jira tasks? That's the use case that makes the most of sense to me.

Thanks,

Benoît

Aileen December 15, 2021

This is like a Christmas present! Thank you for working on this!

So excited!

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy - This feature is only available to Jira users who already have a Confluence license.  For Jira users who don't have a Confluence license, this new feature has no impact to their existing  product experience.🙂  Therefore, there shouldn't be any impact to your current license. 

Like # people like this
Brett Hall December 15, 2021

If a user does not have Confluence permissions, but does have Jira permissions, will that user be able to see Confluence data embedded in the Jira ticket?

Like Shilpa Nicodemus likes this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Hi @Benoit Crouzit - this feature is accessible in the "Project Pages" module of Jira that can be found on the left hand pane. 

Thanks for the feedback around incorporating pages into Jira tasks. Do you mean the ability to create a new Confluence page from within a Jira issue/task?

Casey Meijer December 15, 2021

Are they embeddable in stories?

Like Leif Rask likes this
Benoit Crouzit December 15, 2021

Thanks for the answer @Lennon Liao

I personally would find it useful to either create/edit from a jira task but specifically link a Confluence page to a Jira. And from the Jira, you could see or edit and easily link to anchors that may exist from the Confluence page.

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Thanks for the suggestion @Fakhfouri Vahid! We will look into this and see how we might be able to support your use case.  

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Hi @Brett Hall, in your example that user will not be able to see any Confluence data within Jira since he/she does not have a Confluence license. Hope this helps!

Like Shilpa Nicodemus likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events