Introducing embedded Confluence pages in Jira Software!

94 comments

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

HI @Casey Meijer Pages are not embeddable in Stories at the moment, but that is something we are exploring! 

Like # people like this
Catarina Gutierrez December 15, 2021

Fantastic news! Really looking forward to having this feature available.

Like Lennon Liao likes this
Brett Hall December 15, 2021

@Lennon Liao It is what I was expecting, but does not help... Really need a way to allow a user very precise Confluence permissions (i.e. see only a single page or its children) so the user has more insight into the specific work assigned in Jira.

Like # people like this
Melanie Dixon December 15, 2021

Game changer! I think our teams will love this - not having to leave Jira to look up something; create a new documentation page related to the story they're working on; etc. 

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Brett Hall Let me know if I misunderstood you. But the current behavior today is that if a Jira user has Confluence permissions to see page A, then this user will be able to access page A from within Jira. Does this help?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao 

I have just confirmed for Jira Cloud that Project Admins, who do not have Confluence access, can indeed see this feature listed under project settings > features.

My understanding from what you replied is that users without Confluence access will not see this feature option listed.  That is a potential problem as it could lead to unnecessary requests for Confluence access.  Did I misunderstand what you meant?

Thanks!

Greg Williams December 15, 2021

I see it for Classic/Company-managed projects, what about Next-gen/Team-managed?

EDIT - NM I'm blind...

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy Just wanted to point out that even before this new feature was introduced, "Project Pages" had already existed on the left hand navigation of Jira.

Prior to the launch of this new feature, Jira users who have Confluence access can click on any of the page links in Project Pages that will take them to Confluence in a new tab to access the page. With the introduction of this new feature, clicking on any of the page links in Project Pages will simply open up the Confluence page right within Jira (to minimize context switching and hopping)! 🙂

Hope this helps clarified and happy to jump on a call to discuss more if helpful!

Andrew Edgecombe December 15, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao , This looks like it's going to be great addition, and will open up some options for improving clarity and visibility.

Does this integration mean that there are, or are going to be, any changes to the markup language used between jira and confluence? Any unification of the markup language(s)?

Statseeker December 15, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao

Could you please clarify whether this feature is for only the cloud based Atlassian products ?

Thanks

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

Hi @Andrew Edgecombe We hope this addition brings a ton of value for you and your teams! 

This integration has no impact on the markup language used between Jira and Confluence. 🙂

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 15, 2021

@Hi @Statseeker Yes, this feature is only for Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud. 

Peter De Rudder - Doccle December 15, 2021

Nice improvement, enabled it right away.

We are also using Service Management, any plans to also enable this feature there ?

Like # people like this
Manuel Pregler December 15, 2021

Hi @Lennon Liao ,

will it also be available in JIRA Work Management at some time?

Kind Regards,

Manuel

Like # people like this
Paul Weber December 15, 2021

Hi - does this also imply  that I can link Confluence content directly into a JIRA ticket when a client opens a service request?

Thank you!

Like Mark Mermelstein likes this
Uday Joshi December 15, 2021

Good one! 👍🏼

Ruslan Platonov December 16, 2021

Will it be possible to embed a specific confluence page inside a body of JIRA ticket?

Like # people like this
Dyego Mota December 16, 2021

great!

Mark Mermelstein December 16, 2021

I cant wait to try it out! Can this also be made available for Jira Service Management projects? Or is it just Jira Software? Thanks Atlassian!!

Jamie Swanson December 16, 2021

@Benoit Crouzit   Don't you have this option already?  On a Jira Task, click the drop-down next to "Link Issue" and there is an option to "Link Conf page" .  I'm using the web version of Jira

If you don't have this option, perhaps it is limited by configuration or rights.

LinkConfluence.png 

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2021

Thanks @Peter De Rudder - Doccle ! We don't have this available in Jira Service Management just yet but it is something we will look into it. Can you share which are the specific areas within Service Management you feel this embedded page feature will be helpful? 🙂

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2021

Hi @Ruslan Platonov We are slowly rolling out a capability to allow you to embed a page into the body of a Jira ticket. I'm not sure if this is live in your Jira Cloud instance yet, but when you paste a Confluence link into a Jira ticket, you have the option to display this as an "embed" (see screenshot). If you don't have this capability right now, it should be available in the next several weeks! 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 2.15.50 PM.png

Like # people like this
Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2021

Hi @Mark Mermelstein - This feature is currently available in Jira Software only. If there are specific areas within Service Management where you feel this embedded page feature will be helpful, please send them my way! 🙂

Lennon Liao
Atlassian Team
December 16, 2021

Hi @Manuel Pregler We are still exploring if this feature will be in Jira Work Management. Are there specific areas within Jira Work Management that you feel this embedded page feature will be valuable? Please send them my way and we can look into it!

Andre DiCioccio December 16, 2021

Thanks guys!

Fantastic feature and really useful to us.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events