Introducing Table Visualization! Quickly turn Confluence tables into compelling charts

82 comments

Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2022

@Matt Reiner _K15t_ great video!  Very succinct and very helpful.

Like Matt Reiner _K15t_ likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 28, 2022

Thanks @Randy O_Neal! This one includes weeks of research and a tricky recording process. Big thanks to all the data scientists out there who've shared so many valuable insights. ❤️

Like Tosin Ojikutu likes this
Chad Parker May 5, 2023

First time poster :)  i did as the above suggested.  the "space" for the chart showed up but no data appeared.

chart.png

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

@Chad Parker you'll have to play around with it to get it to display correctly. Unfortunately, your image doesn't show what your settings for the chart are. They don't display if I click on the image.

I do believe it is dependent upon how the table is set up as in having the correct data in the correct place. The first time I tried using it I had the same issue you have. Try using other chart types and I think you'll see what I mean by my vague explanation.

Lastly, the export function from the right-hand

dropdown won't export the chart. You need to use the custom page export feature under space settings to get that to work.

Chad Parker May 8, 2023

Danno...appreciate the response.  I did not use the "chart" macro.  Instead I tried to utilize the built in functionality of the table (see attachment).  I am just wondering if it's too many columns.  I tried removing them in the edit portion but that didn't help.  I know Confluence macros can be finicky.  

chart2.png

Tosin Ojikutu May 31, 2023

Hi @Chad Parker please give the following a try

1. Insert an 'Expand' macro and title it 'Data for Chart'
  2. Copy the contents of the existing table and delete all but the 2 columns you need on the y-axis i.e. 'Iteration' & 'Completed/Velocity'
  3. Insert a chart and make sure the chart is above the 'Expand' line

Hopefully that works now :) 

david catriel July 17, 2023

Very, very cool indeed. Thx for adding this in!

One question, though - if my X axis titles are too long, they end up overlapping each other and it becomes impossible to read.  Is there a chance you'll add vertical or diagonal aligning of the text on the X axis? Alternatively, would it be possible to show a secondary X axis with extra text on it?

Ideally I'd be able to show both the "Date" and "Version" on the "X" axis.

Screenshot 2023-07-17 163007.png

Like Tosin Ojikutu likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events