Introducing Private Notes for Confluence - Early Access Program

Updated: Feb 15, 2023
The application process for Confluence Private Notes EAP is now closed. We are excited to be actively piloting with our EAP group!

Have you ever wanted to jot something down quickly in Confluence? Maybe you want to write down a few to-dos, an action item to follow up on, or a brilliant idea you had while reviewing a Confluence page?

đź“ť Now you can with Private Notes! Quickly open up a note, privately save your thoughts, and easily access them anytime.

Private Notes Gif Compressed.gif

The Early Access Program (EAP) for Private Notes is designed to give customers a chance to test and use a new functionality that Atlassian is exploring.

Try Private Notes today - Early Access Program

You and your team can sign up NOW to test out Private Notes. All Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise customers are welcome to sign up for the Private Notes EAP.

:exclamation_circle_mark: Note: In order to participate, you’ll need someone in an administrative role at the site or organization level to sign up for this EAP. Interested in the Early Access Program, but not an admin? Message your admin to sign up, so you can test Private Notes when you use Confluence.

• Step 1: Admins can sign up here.
  • Step 2: Join our private Community group. Share this Community group link with members of your team so they can give feedback and stay up to date with latest in the Private Notes Early Access Program.
  • Step 3: You will receive an email from us confirming that you have been provisioned into the Confluence Private Notes EAP. Once you receive this email, follow the instructions pinned in our Community Group.
  • Step 4: You're good to go!

Once you are in, please feel free to post any questions or comments in our Community Group.

We’re very excited to hear your valuable feedback!

Questions

To reach us with any questions regarding terms and conditions, your eligibility for early access, or other concerns, please email us at privatenotesEAP@atlassian.com or comment below.

28 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

YES THIS! Signed up to eliminate context switching and tool sprawl. Thank you for this EAP!

Like • # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2023

This is an never expected feature in Confluence @Divya Sriram !!!! Unstoppable Atlassian Confluence ❣️❣️❣️

Teodora V
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

I always have at least one fully restricted Confluence page where I put down my thoughts or rough notes about an upcoming project.

So this feature is an absolute game-changer for me! 

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

I would love this feature, it would eliminate all the sticky notes currently sitting on my desk because I didn't want to flood all the other Confluence users with my personal notes. 

Keith Sottung February 8, 2023

Would love to be able to create Tasks Assignment in the private note. I'm over having to delete a task assignment from a page, if the page is intended to become a formal document, like a Policy Document.  

Stefany Miguel February 8, 2023

Nice!

Will this feature be available for all customers? Or only for premium and enterprise plans?

Collista Lewingdon
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2023

@Keith Sottung that is a great idea! If the private note could have the option to create a task in Jira. 

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2023

Great addition and as @Andy Gladstone said, it will reduce switching tabs / programs and make Confluence the go to place for both permanent and temporary notes/documents.

Would be super cool if this feature could move over to Jira as well in the future, with synced notes between both.

Example when it would be utilized: Sitting in a standup discussing the plan for the day, noting down key points in Notes while looking at the Jira board and then move over to Conf to put the notes into real text.

Wally Hass February 13, 2023

Looking forward to seeing this

Andrew Schechterman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 14, 2023

Would love to see fewer fetures, not more = : ) 

Tamara Schacham February 14, 2023

Will this also be available for Data Center?

David Chaney February 14, 2023

Thanks! Look forward to trying it out!

David MagalhĂŁes Sousa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 15, 2023

Is this per page? If not, could you please add an option to have notes per page?

And, in the event of a miracle of this being added to Jira, please also allow for private notes per issue/epic/story.

Thank you!

Tobias H
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2023

@Divya SriramI'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong, or is the feature not rolled out yet?

I have been added to the EAP group, but I can't seem to find any pinned instructions.

I have also enrolled my workspace through the form, but there hasn't appeared any new features so far :)

Like • Jason M. likes this
Kythera of Anevern February 15, 2023

Oh I signed up for this in a heartbeat. I'd LOVE to take this for a test drive! I currently use my personal space for this, but if this does what it looks like it does, it eliminates that extra step of having to switch to my personal space before creating a new note, or moving the note to my personal space before I publish it.

I'm my department's technical writer. Notes are a CONSTANT in my life, so this would streamline my life SIGNIFICANTLY. 

Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

Thanks for the feedback folks, looking forward to starting our EAP soon. 

@Tobias H - thanks for the question and your patience. We haven't launched the EAP yet, we're in the process of closing out sign ups soon and reviewing our tenant sign up. Everyone that signed up will receive an email about next steps once we start the EAP!

Divya Sriram
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

@Tamara Schacham - at the moment we are experimenting with the Private Notes EAP in Confluence Cloud only.

Like • Kalin U likes this
Torsten Kukuk
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 16, 2023

@Divya Sriram if late entry is still possible, please let me know how we can join the EAP. Thanks

Nicholas DAmato
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 17, 2023

Would like to join the EAP, but the link says the 'Sorry, this survey is not currently active.'.

Andy
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 20, 2023

@Nicholas DAmato try to join the group using the provided url and then sign in while prompted - should work then (at least worked in that way in my case).

Chris K
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 22, 2023

@Divya Sriram This seems like an extremely useful and awesome feature!

I am excited about the results of the EAP and really looking forward into this.

Greetings Chris

Like • Divya Sriram likes this
Liz T May 3, 2023

Would love this feature in Jira Service Management as well. It would be super handy to make private notes to myself while I'm working on an issue.

Like • Daniel Grünwald likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2023

I'm so excited to get access to this feature, thanks @Divya Sriram!

We made a little video about it, in case anyone wants to share in the excitement.
https://youtube.com/shorts/KfzQe6wOxFM?feature=share

Oscar Bark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 31, 2023

Exactly what I'm looking for. Any news on when we can expect this feature to be available publicly?

Laurens Coppens February 15, 2024

Any update on when this would be publicly available?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events