Introducing Define terms using Atlassian Intelligence in Confluence

Hello, I am David Akinyemi, a Product Manager here on the Confluence AI team.

We are excited to introduce it’s now possible for you to define your company-specific terms, acronyms, project names, or statuses on a page in Confluence!

This is really helpful for teams that have a lot of documentation, want to help onboard their team members fast and get up to speed on new projects. 🎉

ConfluenceCloud_AIDefine.gif

Try it out!

NOTE: To use Atlassian Intelligence features in Confluence, your organization admin needs to activate it from admin.atlassian.com.

You can only define terms with Atlassian Intelligence while viewing a Confluence page or blog, not while editing.

1. Highlight what you want to define.

2. Select Define (to the right of the Comment option).

3. Atlassian Intelligence generates a definition.

image-20231127-182840.png

If you need more information about a definition, you can review the linked sources used to generate it. You can also rate the quality of the definition or report any issues.

This feature works best when you select a term, abbreviation/acronym, or team/project name that is referenced often in your Confluence site. This is because Atlassian Intelligence relies on the information in your Confluence that you have access to in order to generate a definition. If you try to select more than a few words, you will likely encounter an error.

Stay tuned, Confluence is just the beginning and we have plans to offer this feature in all your favorite Atlassian tools!

Learn more here:

Your data and defining terms using Atlassian Intelligence in Confluence

What powers Atlassian Intelligence?

Atlassian Intelligence leverages artificial intelligence developed internally and from OpenAI. It uses the Teamwork graph, which is unique to a customer's project or service work, along with internal language models and OpenAI to deliver results specific to the customer's context.

How is Atlassian protecting your data?

We apply our Privacy Principles and company values to our Atlassian Intelligence products, just as with everything else we do. We’re passionate about creating meaningful data controls, choices, and notices to foster open collaboration and deeper teamwork.

This means we embrace privacy by design in everything we do. You can find the existing Privacy Principles in our Trust Center and our Privacy Policy here.

Just like all of our products, Atlassian Intelligence is designed to fast-track collaboration and empower teams to accelerate their work. And just like getting to know how to best work with your team, understanding how Atlassian Intelligence works will help teams more effectively use it. Explore the Atlassian team playbook.

We also think it’s important for you to understand how our AI-powered products and features work, including what they can and cannot do, and how they contribute to the way that you experience our products. We believe that equipping you with the information on this page will help you make the most out of our products — and your teamwork.

This page brings a key commitment in our Responsible Technology Principles to life: Open communication, no BS.

Happy Confluence-ing!

The Atlassian Team

3 comments

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 12, 2023

2 comments:

1. Can you add a feature where I can highlight a term and enter my own definition that would be used across my space?
  2. Please, please, please prominently place a note at the beginning of articles like this to let people know that you have to have Premium to use this feature. I do see this feature in my product, but, when I click Define, I just get a popup saying "With the Premium plan, you can get…"
Like # people like this
David Akinyemi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2024

Hello Barbara! 

We are actively exploring options to empower you with the capability to edit, modify, and submit definitions in the long run. Currently, our focus is on enhancing the accuracy of our definitions, so that you can remain productive and trust Atlassian Intelligence is there with valuable information when you need. Rest assured, we are committed to introducing this functionality in the near future. We hope this article did not cause any confusion, the Atlassian Intelligence features are only accessible in the Premium and Enterprise editions of our cloud products. 

To learn more about the full list of AI capabilities coming to Atlassian’s platform and how to access them for your organization, visit the feature overview guide.

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 24, 2024

@David Akinyemi, this amazing feature just got a shout out in our latest video about the best ways to use Atlassian Intelligence in Confluence. Thank you!
https://youtu.be/LvK6fROn4G4?t=520

Like David Akinyemi likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events