Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Automation for Confluence

98 comments

Thomas Wäspi May 16, 2022

hi, small note concerning the publish pages function: at the moment, in our environment, only custom templates are recognized by the confluence automation. all global templates and adapted global templates are not seen. would be great if they are also indexed and shown to choose from the list.

Like Curt Holley likes this
Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

@Thomas Wäspi Thank you for calling this out! To clarify - are you referring to blueprint templates vs custom templates?

Thomas Wäspi May 16, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum sry i meant blueprint templates, we can't see them in the dropdown, see also (german) screenshots:

CleanShot 2022-05-16 at 22.25.53@2x.png

But we can see all the custom made:

CleanShot 2022-05-16 at 22.27.51@2x.png

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 16, 2022

@Eden Eliyahu Hello! Here is a community post about smart values that you can refer to until we have published documentation: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-Automation-EAP/List-of-Smart-Values/td-p/2024369

Here is documentation regarding smart value date syntax to format the date as you'd like to see it:https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-date-and-time/

Please let me know if you are still running into issues. Thank you!

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 16, 2022

@Thomas Wäspi The blueprint templates are not currently supported, but we are working to incorporate them in the drop-down to improve this experience. If you are using blueprint templates regularly and would like to include them in automation right now you can copy them as a custom template and they will appear in the dropdown. 

Thomas Wäspi May 17, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum thank you, that was also my workaround for the moment, that's working fine.

Malin Rathjen May 17, 2022

@Kalin U Thanks for your feedback, but I guess that was not the problem. 

@Sheerine Baucum I tried it with the branch rule/related entities I think that worked out, but I still get an error message for that automation. 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-17 um 09.50.23.png

And I would like to ask for help for another problem. I used the following smart value to name a page with the current calendar week. If I run the automation for today it creates a page with name "CW 21 (instead of 20) Weekly Team JF".

Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-17 um 09.56.59.png

Maybe somebody have a better solution for that use case. Thanks a lot! :) 

Bill Goetz May 18, 2022

Was there any ETA on when automation starts rolling out?

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@Malin Rathjen 

Regarding your error message question -

1. Did the rule run successfully eventually?

2. This error appears most commonly when running a bulk-archival rule. We currently allow one archiving operation at a time. So until the other archiving process is complete, no other archiving process can be started. This is on our roadmap to address.

Regarding the 2nd question - can you send me a screenshot of the page title? Thank you!

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 25, 2022

@Bill Goetz If you are signed up for the EAP Automation is now available on all sites. Thank you!

Like Bill Goetz likes this
Randy O_Neal
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum since I didn't find out about Confluence automation until Team22, I was unable to sign up for the EAP; do you have a target date for general availability beyond the EAP?  I'm hopeful that the automation will allow me to fill in gaps I've not been able to fill with 3rd party tools... and am very excited to get started!

Randy

Like # people like this
T Howard June 3, 2022

Hello @Sheerine Baucum same question as Randy above. I started the trial of Premium because I saw it had automation, but upon digging deeper (after trial started) I found it was only for early access folks. When will it be available for everyone else?

Thank you

Like # people like this
Eden Eliyahu June 8, 2022

Hi, @Sheerine Baucum 
we are trying to use automation for confluence for slack notifications to incomplete tasks.
We have the smart values you have already published:

Task Related
These Smart Values are accessible in the “Branch rule / for each task”-branch rule
{{task.globalId}} - returns the global ID of the task
{{task.id}} -returns the local ID of the task
{{task.contentId}} - returns the content ID of the page
{{task.status}} - returns the status of the task (e.g. incomplete, complete)
{{task.body}} - returns the text content of the task as Confluence XML
{{task.creator}} - returns the account ID of the user that created the task
{{task.assignee}} - returns the account ID of the user that is assigned to the task
{{task.createDate}} - returns the UNIX Timestamp of the creation of the task
{{task.dueDate}} - returns the UNIX Timestamp of the due date of the task

1. The (task.body) is in XML. The task description is the most important smart value, is there any chance you have a task body smart value, not in XML?

2. As you can see in the picture I attached, the due date in UNIX and i can’t change it to regular date.
3. Also the Assignee is ID. Is there any option we can use display name? 

I will appreciate your help.

*The automation rule:

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.10.52.pngThe slack message :

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 12.11.11.png

*the confluence page:

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 11.52.05.png

Kathy Hart
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2022

Is there a resource for Confluence specific Smart-values to be used with the automation? 

T Howard June 22, 2022

What @Eden Eliyahu just mentioned is very close to something I want to be able to do. Automations for Confluence is sounding better and better. Please, @Sheerine Baucum  any update on when this will be out for the rest of us? I'd really like to play with it prior to my premium trial running out. It will help with our decision on whether or not premium will be useful and worth keeping or not.

Thank you @Sheerine Baucum 

Manuela Gopdjim July 13, 2022

Hi @Sheerine Baucum My team does not have access to this feature. Is there any step we should follow for this ?  

T Howard July 14, 2022

Hello again @Sheerine Baucum we had to cancel our trial of Confluence premium. Please, please, please let me know when automations for Confluence is available (in whatever capacity) so that our company can start paying for premium. We will happily pay for premium for this one feature.

Speaking of, any update on when your current testing phase will be done? Any update on when we can have this feature? Any update on anything Confluence automation related?

Thank you

Colm Maguire July 21, 2022

Yes please an update would be wonderful. Even a partial release of some features? 

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2022

@Colm Maguire @T Howard @Manuela Gopdjim @Randy O_Neal 

Hello! We are still in our Early Access Program and are actively working on enhancements to make Automation available to a broader audience. We are targeting this year to release Automation, however that could change as we gather more feedback. If we open our Early Access Program to more customers I can add your site to our list.

Can you please send an email to AutomationEAP@atlassian.com with your name and site url so that I can add you to the waitlist? Thank you!

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
T Howard July 25, 2022

You've just made my Monday @Sheerine Baucum Thank you! Email to follow

Like # people like this
Dale Fernandes July 26, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum I'm going to jump on that offer too if thats ok? i missed out on the EAP so would love to get in on it if you do open it to more customers :)

Like Sheerine Baucum likes this
Eden Eliyahu September 12, 2022

Hey @Sheerine Baucum 

We were able to send slack messages regarding incomplete tasks, but there is one major problem: we couldn't send incomplete tasks for a specific page.

Message sent to Slack with all the incomplete tasks in all the space.

Do you know how to resolve this issue?

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.19.40.png

Like Alex Barnaba likes this
Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2022

@Eden Eliyahu Just to confirm my understanding -  You want a slack message with a list of incomplete tasks by page or are you wanting to narrow the incomplete tasks by a specific page? Or something else? Thank you!

Like Eden Eliyahu likes this
Eden Eliyahu September 15, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum  Hi, to narrow the incomplete tasks by a specific page.

T Howard October 13, 2022

Hello @Sheerine Baucum I know not much time has passed, but still wanted to check in to see if there was any update on Confluence Automation? Whether that's opening up to the masses or a reopening of the Early Access Program. We've come across two more potential use cases within our studio and would very much Love to be testing them out.

Thank you.

Like Alex Barnaba likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events