Introducing Automation for Confluence

98 comments

Nofar Ben Kereth April 11, 2022

I've registered to the early access and got no confirmation/instructions to connects. Can you help me with that?

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2022

@Nofar Ben Kereth Hello! Our EAP will begin April 19th, which is when Automation will be available in your instance. Stay tuned for more communication soon!

Like # people like this
Dale Fernandes April 13, 2022

Hello - can we have this enabled into our Confluence sandbox only? It sounds great but i'd not want to give this full visibility in production yet, users are likely to go mad for the feature and we're not ready to support those questions or issues yet, until we've got to grips with it first.

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2022

@Dale Fernandes Hello! Yes, that should be possible as long as you provide the cloud ID for your sandbox when enrolling in the EAP we can enable for you.Thank you!

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum , do you plan to offer Automation for Confluence to Confluence Standard sites when the EAP ends, or will that be a Premium only feature?

Like # people like this
Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
April 15, 2022

@Kalin U Yes, we are planning to introduce Automation for Confluence to both Cloud Free and Standard sites. This will come after our Cloud Premium roll out. Stay tuned for more details!

Like # people like this
Paul Douglas April 19, 2022

Hey there - I could've sworn we registered for this EAP - but no confirmation yet as far as i can see - can you possibly check?

Man thanks

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
April 19, 2022

@Paul Douglas You are on our list! However, we have not yet enabled to your site. Stay tuned!

Like Paul Douglas likes this
Paul Scott
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2022

This will definitely help me! I would like access too please!

c.schoenherr
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 26, 2022

Oh Yeah! 

Alex Barnaba April 27, 2022

Great add-on! I hope to work on it very soon!

Colm Maguire April 27, 2022

Missed this and sign up date, only receiving an email about it now, from you guys. Would have loved to have signed up. Please keep us posted. 

Beatrice Glienke April 28, 2022

Hi @Sheerine Baucum ,
Will it also be available for Standard License Users after the EAP?

Thanks,

Bea

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

@Beatrice Glienke , this was already answered. Yes, they plan to offer Automation for Confluence to Free and Standard plans too :)

Like Beatrice Glienke likes this
Colm Maguire April 28, 2022

Any time frame on when this is released to the general public? 

Deleted user May 5, 2022

Hey, I'm on confluence cloud premium but don't' currently have access - when will this be available to me? super excited to get my hands on it! 

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2022

@Colm Maguire Hello! We are currently in the Early Access stage, where we will conduct interviews and surveys to obtain feedback. We plan to implement high priority feedback and that will determine when we are ready to release this generally to all customers. Thank you!

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 5, 2022

@[deleted] We are currently in our Early Access Program and will gather feedback and implement changes before this is available generally to all premium customers. If you signed up for the early access program and don't see Automation for Confluence on your site, please email AutomationEAP@atlassian.com with your site URL. Thank you!

Like Alex Barnaba likes this
Thomas Wäspi May 9, 2022

Hi, we are anticipating the beta program and are using the feature f.e. to publish meeting notes. one question: when I setup f.e. every 2 weeks on thursday for the rule, today, i do not see any chance to define the start day of that rule. Am I overseeing something? I would be great to say f.e.:

first run date: XX/XX/XXXX

run every 2 weeks on thursday, 09:00 a.m.

the automation is a great thing!

Like Kalin U likes this
Malin Rathjen May 12, 2022

Hello, 

we are already testing the options of the great feature of Confluence automations. It's a pity that you can't make any further settings for the automatic archiving of pages. Or am I overseeing something? Looking for answers and feedback!

Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 12, 2022

@Malin Rathjen Hello! Thank you for your message. Auto-archiving is not yet available in the Early Access Program, but our team is actively working on implementing that functionality in Automation for Confluence now. Can you please share what criteria does your org use to determine when a page needs to be archived automatically? 

In the meantime, you can periodically run a scheduled trigger to auto-archive pages based on CQL queries. You could use the last modified field or even labels to determine when pages are stale and need to be reviewed prior to archiving (or whatever works best for your organization).

Here is a list of available CQL options: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/cql-field-reference/#lastmodified

Please let me know if you have questions. Thank you!

Eden Eliyahu May 12, 2022

Hi,

I have questions about smart values.
For example, the assignee smart value for a task is :{{task.assignee}}
Is the only format retrieval of the id? Is it possible to display the assignee not as an id? we need a smart value for the assignee name.In Jira for example we could use {{assignee.displayName}}.

As for the due date-
{{task.dueDate}} - returns the UNIX Timestamp of the due date of the task.
Is there a way to get smart value other than UNIX Timestamp? 

And another issue: Is there a way to activate the automation on specific pages and not for the whole space?

Thanks!!! :) 

Malin Rathjen May 13, 2022

@Sheerine Baucum Thanks for your feedback regarding the archiving options in early access!

I tried to figure out an automation with CQL but getting an error message again and again. So am I right in the assumption that it is not possible to archive multiple pages at once? I wanted to built an automation that archives all pages under parent page 'Meeting notes' and that haven't been modified since January last year. I entered the following CQL condition for that (parent = (pageID of parent page) and lastmodified = "2021/01/01"). 

Maybe someone can gave me feedback on this or have other ideas to realize that! Thanks!

Like Kalin U likes this
Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2022

@Malin Rathjen , have you tried changing your CQL expression to:

parent = (pageID of parent page) and lastmodified <= "2021/01/01"
Sheerine Baucum
Atlassian Team
May 13, 2022

@Malin Rathjen What error do you receive? If you want to run it across multiple pages try using the branch rule/related entities instead of a basic CQL condition. That may resolve the issue!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events