How we roll out the new editor in Confluence

32 comments

Tom Crowley November 27, 2019

@Bec Honey There are a few explanations "why" dotted around, but you don't want to read them. They'll only make you more angry.

My favourite so far, paraphrased, is "We're removing this so that you don't break your pages".

Such bittersweet irony.

Like Bec Honey likes this
Kelvin A Hill November 27, 2019

@Bec Honey Nicely put.

Many of us have been extremely direct in our criticism of an unprofessional situation, and our dissatisfaction has increased in proportion to the disregard Atlassian has shown (and continues to show) for the unacceptable position it is wilfully imposing on its paying customers.

You are entirely correct when you say our employers are paying for us to test Atlassian's inadequate product that they charge us for. The whole situation is a joke.

Atlassian is quick to call us out on what it considers to be disparaging comments about a situation for which it is directly responsible. What a farce.

Like Bec Honey likes this
Kelvin Hill January 7, 2020

Hi @Avinoam I'm guessing you're probably the most well-informed guy to explain the recent developments in the new editor. A few people have commented on the unexpected appearance of deprecated macros in the following threads:

The new editor looks great, and the addition of these valued macros makes something attractive so much more usable. Are they temporary, or do we get to keep them?

Looking forward to an update from the source of truth.

Like Tom Crowley likes this
Kelvin Hill January 8, 2020

@Avinoam No need to respond if you're too busy. @Shrey has already admitted that the useful legacy macros were re-introduced in error, here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-articles/2019-All-Wrap-ped-Up-Like-a-Present/ba-p/1235288/page/6

Martin Ellis February 3, 2020

The new editing interface is not fit for the purpose I started using the old interface for.

Like Tom Crowley likes this
Russ Foy February 7, 2020

Is there an available or projected date for the conversion of the Legacy page format to the New Editor page format yet?

naruhito_chihara_ts April 14, 2024

@Avinoam 

It is April 2024. 

Do you hane any updates about this article?

A lot of users are using Legacy editor and worry about its future.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events