How Manon Soubies-Camy uses Confluence + Trello to organize webinar notes and her knitting stash

Manon.png
@Manon Soubies-Camy is an engineer who has been an avid Atlassian user since 2014. She helps companies of all sizes transform the way they work with the Atlassian stack, including Jira and Confluence. In this article, you'll learn how her expertise trickles into her day-to-day life.
Why did you first start using Confluence?
I quite often go to conferences, workshops or Meetups where I need to take notes. I used to bring a notebook with me and leave it like that, but it was hard to find anything when looking back through my notes. So I decided to keep the notebook but to store my notes on the internet to access them easily. This means that I take some time after a conference to re-write my notes online. I tried OneNote and Evernote but wasn’t satisfied with either of them, I guess because I was used to Confluence at work and wanted something similar. I ended up installing a personal Confluence on AWS to build my own knowledge base!
Webinarnotesscreenshot.png
Can you tell us a little bit more about how you organize your Confluence?
My Confluence is organized as follows:
  • Jira – a space dedicated to Jira tips and tricks
  • Confluence – a space dedicated to Confluence tips and tricks
  • Notes – a personal space dedicated to my different notes: webinars, workshops, trainings…

I’ve created a template to save time:
  • Date – to sort notes from recent to old
  • Speakers
  • Theme – to quickly see about which tool or subject my note is
  • URL – if it’s a webinar, to be able to watch it again later
Templates.png
How do you use Trello?
I also use Trello to organize my to-do lists. I once used it to plan holidays but I only listed everything in the To Do column and never moved any card through In Progress or Done, so it was not a success. The board I use the most is my Stash one: a board where I keep track of my knitting stash. It allows me to quickly see what I already have and what combos I could make when shopping.
I have 5 columns:
  • All alone – to list balls and skeins that don’t have any assigned project yet
  • Future sweater – to list the ones that will become a sweater
  • Future accessory – to list the ones that will become a hat, scarf…
  • In progress – this column is not really useful but it’s so satisfying to move cards there!
  • Leftovers – to keep track of leftovers and see if I can make a combo out of them for a scarf or something

Trellobaord.png

I only have one label, just to identify what project is going to be a gift and to prioritize what I’ll be doing next. I could use due dates but it doesn’t really work for me.
It’s really easy to use, I simply take photos of my stash with my phone and can see in a minute what I already have at home!
Zion.png

10 comments

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camydo you mind if i ask where did you take the last picture? Is it Morocco?

Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

@Fadoua it was in Zion National Park in Utah!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 1, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_wow on dirait le Sud du Maroc.

Alana Fernando
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2018

Great tips @Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_. I am amazed by the way you use Trello to arrange knitting stash. I mean it is a supper creative way to use trello. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2018

@Fadoua we went through a canyon, I guess that's why! It was the Observation point hike, if you want to try it someday :D

@Alana Fernando thanks! I'm looking for Trello day to discover some new use cases :)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_, you're basically a knitting superhero. (You should see the stuff she makes guys, wowza!)

Your use cases are amazing, and I'm thinking I'm going to need to get myself a confluence instance to do the same with notes. I can't seem to get my brain to work using evernote or one note either. 

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 3, 2018

@Meg Holbrook

tumblr_n0nbjr1Xzh1smcbm7o1_500

Looking forward to a knitting workshop at a Summit :D and then a cuff bracelet workshop, I so love yours!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 3, 2018
Damien Dugué August 26, 2018

@Manon Soubies-Camy _Modus Create_ Hi Manon! Great feedback!

What does it cost to deploy Confluence on AWS for a personal use?

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 27, 2018

Hello @Damien Dugué, thanks :) it's a t2.medium instance so pricing will vary depending on how many hours a day your Confluence is up!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events