Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How I use Confluence to Manage my Life

My Confluence addiction is very well known around the Community forces. This article will focus on another Confluence use case, crafted especially for my daily planning needs.

Before leaving my company Confluence space, I already had a Cloud instance to keep all my articles and activities, as well as use it to compare DC and Cloud features in real-time.

After a small vacation from work, moving to a new place, and cooking a load of fancy stuff, it was about time for me to get back to normal. Despite my desire to spend a few months off work, I wanted to keep my schedule identical with the workdays: getting up early, focus on learning and side projects, manage all things โ€œI should do when I have time,โ€ etc.

Wellโ€ฆ let me say itโ€™s quite easy to take a long walk outside and instantaneously forget about your plan.

I obviously had a time management problem, and I used my bulletproof solution to manage it.

๐Ÿ“ First, I made the perfect setup. Confluence instance on my laptop, Cloud apps on my phone, and iPad (the iPad version of the app - ๐Ÿ˜ ). This insured my proper connection with myself or my collaborators (if any).

๐Ÿ“ Then created a designated space for all activities: article writing, daily schedule, notes about issues I need to handle, or tasks I have to perform.

Recently I was working with an external collaborator on a food project. My 10 user Cloud tier allows me to add it as a team participant and instead of sending emails and photos through messenger, we created the perfect workflow in no time.

confluence-life-management-01.png 

๐Ÿ“ During the Atlympics, I challenged myself to get back to writing and contributing to the Community the way I did before. Have any idea how inspiring is to publish a blank Confluence page with just the title of your article? For my brain - works every time. ๐Ÿ™‚

confluence-life-management-02.png

๐Ÿ“ I keep my most precious info in the Special Space, like my ex-team birthdays, memorable dates, locations (most probably around food), plans around attending Team22 (hopefully!), and much more.

After setting up my Confluence instance, I made a Jira board with the slight intention of tracking my daily tasks in a sprint-manner. Confluence won ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Iโ€™ll be glad to hear your thoughts about managing your schedule with the Atlassian tools!

๐Ÿ’™

2 comments

Kythera of Anevern September 21, 2021

I LOVE THIS! I have a personal Confluence space for managing info and things relevant to myself (like some walkthroughs I've written for, say, setting up certain aspects of my website). I also use JIRA to help manage my ADHD. :3

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2021

Well done, @Kythera of Anevern! I knew there were others :D 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events