Go meet-less with Confluence

Howdy, Community! 👋

Earlier this year the Confluence team embraced our corniest 🌽 sense of humor with Meet-less May, a punny campaign to combat meeting fatigue and promote a healthier work-life balance by going meet-less with asynchronous collab in Confluence. 

We challenged the Community to clear your calendars, experiment with meeting-free work days, and report back with your experiences and learnings…and you delivered! We were blown away by the solutions, best practices, and tried-and-true tips for going meet-less shared by Community leaders and members. So much so, in fact, that we utilized them to create a guide that lives on the refreshed Meet-less page! 🥳

And that’s not all…“How to go meet-less with Confluence” also served as the basis for the newly released episode of our Collaboratory Lightning Series. “Meet less…but collaborate more!” hosted by Atlassian @Sarah Emmott “dive[s] into the Top 10 ways for using Confluence to eliminate or reduce time in meetings – as shared by our own Confluence Community.”

Whether you’re drained from seemingly endless meetings or you’ve already mastered the art of async collab, be sure to check out “How to go meet-less with Confluence” on the Meet-less page and tune in for “Meet less…but collaborate more!” to marvel at the stellar work of your fellow Atlassian Community members.

Thanks to everyone who participated in Meet-less May, and a special shoutout to the following Community members and leaders whose contributions were included in “How to go meet-less with Confluence”:

@Andy - PTC Redundant@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-@Daniel Ebers@Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_@Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_@Andrew Kendris, @[deleted], @Dave Liao@Mechee@Jared Olson@Brant Schroeder@Jimmy Seddon

7 comments

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

The page looks awesome! 😍

I see some overachievers here, well done guys!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2021

Hi @Meg Bailey thank you for this post. It's a best of the best articles that I have read these days. While I read few same old straight from the book points, some are new and immersive which will appeal in this virtual working environments.

Like Meg Bailey likes this
Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 27, 2021

Thank you, @G subramanyam! So glad to hear you enjoyed the article – and that it offered you some fresh ideas for virtual + async collaboration. So important now as even though many of us have been working remotely for the past ~18 months, there's still lots of progress to be made as far as improving how we work to create healthier work-life balance and prevent burnout. 

Brock Price August 28, 2021

The page and video are funny.  It's a lighthearted approach.  The tongue-in-cheek tone is great.  The statistics, video, customer testimonials are spot on.  I am impressed.

Meg Bailey
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2021

Thanks so much @Brock Price! I'll be sure pass your feedback along to the whole meet-less team. 🙂

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2021

Love this line -  “Meet less…but collaborate more!

Penelope Garcia-Colisao September 9, 2021

Just starting now, very amazing. Hoping we can afford this because I cannot since I am breast cancer survivor for 16 years and thanks if a philanthropist can finance me so I can share a lot in Education and research .Teaching for 3o years now. Muchisimas gracias from Zamboanga City Philippines

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events