Follow button: stay connected with your team

Hi Atlassian Community,

My name is Sekajipo Taplah, and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team.

As you might remember from the Home update, we introduced the Following feed to help you keep a pulse on work happening inside and outside your team. You’re able to choose which users and spaces you want to follow and then see their Confluence activity in the Following feed.

I’m happy to share that there’s now a second way to follow a user. You can follow a user by clicking or hovering over their avatar or name and selecting Follow.

ConfluenceCloud_ProfileCard_Follow.png 

Once you’re following a user, you’ll start seeing their activity in your Following feed on Home. This gives you a quick snapshot of the pages and projects that individual is focused on.

ConfluenceCloud_Home_1.png

We hope that you enjoy this added functionality. If you have any questions, please drop them in the comments below.

8 comments

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

This is super helpful update about "quickly glancing" the follower's activity. Time saver and helps stakeholders see on the single overview window. 👏 @Sekajipo Taplah 

Like # people like this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2022

Thank you !

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

@Sekajipo Taplah thank you for the update. Do you have roll-out details on this functionality? It has not hit my Confluence Cloud instance yet, and I want to let my team know when they can expect it.

Like Sekajipo Taplah likes this
Sekajipo Taplah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 31, 2022

@Andy Gladstone We're still early in the rollout process. Expect it in the next 3 weeks !

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 31, 2022

This is a great, simple improvement. Thanks @Sekajipo Taplah and team!

Samuel Latour September 8, 2022

This is a really nice update ! Do you know if the user who has a new follower receive a notification. E. g. : Hey ! That coworker decided to follow you on Confluence.

tobias beers September 13, 2022

Very useful! Thanks!

Collista Lewingdon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2022

Good morning! @Sekajipo Taplah do you happen to know when this will hit all instances of Confluence? Its been about a month and we still do not have on our Confluence Cloud. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events