Find and read comments easier

My name is Daniel Ayele and I’m a Product Manager on the Confluence Cloud team. I’m excited to announce that we’re rolling out a new feature in Confluence Cloud that will make it easier for you and your team members to learn how to use inline comments and view them on a page.

When visiting a page in Confluence Cloud you’ll see a new comment button in the page header. When a page has inline comments, clicking this button will open the first inline comment on a page.

image-20200127-195957 (2).png

When a page does not contain inline comments we’ll show a short tutorial explaining how to create inline comments on a page.

Page Header.gif

This is the first of many new improvements we have coming this year for the inline commenting experience, including the ability to use inline comments in edit, so stay tuned for more to come!

Best,

Daniel

18 comments

Jorge Viramontes July 7, 2020

What we really need is the ability to see inline comments while editing a page, that would be really helpful. 

Like # people like this
BiancaE
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 7, 2020

giphy

Like # people like this
Justin Pines July 7, 2020

Adding my voice to the chorus: please add support for viewing/adding comments when editing a page!

Like # people like this
Sam McKenzie July 7, 2020

YES! I agree with Justin Pines!

Like # people like this
Chris Garvey July 7, 2020

This is great. I know it isn't quite the place for it, but something else that is sorely needed, is the ability to have threaded comments in Jira. Now that would be great. 

Like # people like this
Thomas De Groof July 8, 2020

And tasks in comments!

Like # people like this
Jeremy Hulette July 8, 2020

"…including the ability to use inline comments in edit" yes! thank you!

Brittany Sudlow
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2020

@Jorge Viramontes @Justin Pines @Sam McKenzie @Jeremy_Hulette Inline comments in edit mode are coming soon! :)

Like # people like this
CP July 10, 2020

"INLINE COMMENTS IN EDIT ARE COMING!" ....please... I wasn't feeling this excited or anxious about a feature release since the last episode GOT! (Game of Thrones!)

Like # people like this
Susanne Schnitzer July 10, 2020

super, thank you!

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Reading the comments by all of you and the response by Atlassian talking about the inline comments in edit mode made me even happier than the initial post. Sorry, @DA 😁 Great news everywhere!

Géry Duyck July 28, 2020

it's about time!  Will it also include a way to trace back resolved comments faster?

Martins July 29, 2020

What about Confluence Server?

Like # people like this
Patrick O_Connell July 29, 2020

@Jorge ViramontesI just have the page in edit mode in one tab, and regular view (URL has to be the non-edit one) in another. It's not ideal. but it gets the job done.

DA
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2020

@Géry Duyck you can access resolved comments on a page via the "..." menu in the top right. We are working on improving and simplifying this experience so stay tuned for more to come there.

DA
Atlassian Team
July 29, 2020

@Martins these changes are only available on Confluence Cloud. You can find more information about What's New in Confluence Server here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/confluence-release-notes-327.html.

Géry Duyck July 29, 2020

@DA I know you can, but somehow when collaborating on a larger page, it might get a bit complicated to navigate or know where a comment was resolved.  Perhaps leaving the opportunity to toggle enable/disable coloured underline can help to browse or run through modifications faster.

Also, I find it very annoying when you are in edit mode that you cannot see where or which comment was entered.  Surely since you are using edit mode to include the remarks.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events