Feel confident your work is saved without having to publish

If you’ve ever written a document, you’ve probably lost (or thought you lost) all of your work at some point. And unless you have nerves of steel, that experience likely scarred you for life. If you’re like me, you now take extreme measures to make sure work is constantly saved throughout the writing process so that you don’t have to worry.

Today, we see that same fear manifest itself in how our customers write pages in Confluence. We know content creators are afraid of losing work and don’t feel fully confident that their work is automatically saved in the background. Instead, many creators believe they have to click publish to save work.

While we have alway saved work in the background, I’m excited to introduce you to Save Indicator - a visual way to feel confident your work is auto-saved in the Confluence editor.

save-indicator-zoom-reduced.gif

Starting today, you’ll see the save indicator in the top right of the editor toolbar. Try typing content, uploading a cover photo, or adding any other element into the editor to see the save indicator respond!

If you’ve been around the block, you might remember an old version of this in the legacy editor. We rolled back this feature in November 2020 because of performance issues, but we’re excited to launch a sleeker, more performant version that looks good on all screen sizes.

Try it out and let us know what you think!

This feature is the first in a larger series focused on giving you confidence and control when working in Confluence. Check out our announcement post here and follow along to see what’s coming next!

3 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2022

@Sam Ugulava I was presenting a Confluence page (in edit mode, not Presenter Mode 🙄) today and everyone in the room pointed out the new Saving/Saved indicator! It's making a noticeable difference already!

Like # people like this
Sam Ugulava
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2022

Thanks, @Andy Gladstone ! So happy to hear this!

Matt Reiner _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 11, 2022

We’re saved!

This will help the “chronic publishers” like myself be able to just focus on our draft pages without publishing 100 times. 🙏

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events