External collaboration in Confluence Premium

30 comments

George Lasater August 24, 2021

@Bas Kierkels 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220562/external-share-for-confluence?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

The APP is cloud APP. Allowing to Share page and Child Page, possibly whole space if checked with developer. Allows non-confluence users access by external URL

Bas Kierkels August 24, 2021

Thanks George: will share this with our team. Some time ago we tested a few apps to see which would be the best fit. Not sure if we tested this one as well.

And to Atlassian: we think you are a great software company and use your software all of the time: professional and reliable tools they are. But this feature should be part of the default features if you ask us. And as you can see, this topic keeps getting reactions so we might not be the only ones with this opinion.

When can we expect an update from Atlassian?

Emil Thordarson August 26, 2021

I'm hoping that by making this comment I will be notified of any development to this issue since there is no button to press to "follow".

Anyways, this is exactly what my organization will use Jira for and tbh the external share app on the marketplace seems to be the most viable option right now.    

I also want to express my disappointment that you are actually considering charging full price for guest access.   This is pure greed and is NOT common practice in similar project management solutions such as Asana and Monday.com. 

We are all rooting for you to see the light and stop this greedy nonsense. Do the right thing Atlassian.   

Emil. 

Bas Kierkels February 17, 2022

Atlassian: can you give an update on this feature please?

Like R M likes this
icat-support June 23, 2022

Is there any intructions to setup External Collabortions as i couldn't find it anywhere or its still not available yet to install?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events