Embed Jira Roadmaps on Confluence pages with Smart Links

Hi Community!

I’m Jonno, a Product Manager for the editor in our Cloud products. I’m here to announce an exciting editor improvement we’ve been working on to further extend the value of Smart Links and the Jira+Confluence integration. Embeds for Jira Roadmaps!

Jira Roadmaps provide you a simple way to define a plan of action for what your team will work on, and when. Historically, we’ve offered a Jira Roadmap macro in the Confluence editor. This allowed for a simple embeddable view of the roadmap. With the new Smart Link embed for Jira Roadmaps, you can now do so much more to share your team's plan in Confluence, and get everyone on the same page.

To insert a roadmap, simply paste a link to your Jira Roadmap on your Confluence page. You can also type “/Jira Roadmap” to search for your roadmap, without leaving the editor.

You’re able to quickly insert an embeddable roadmap and resize it to best fit your page.

Smart Links Jira Roadmap Embed.png

There are times where an embedded roadmap that takes a chunk of your page just doesn’t make sense. Instead, you can display a small preview of the roadmap with the Card view of the Smart Link. In the case you want an even more subtle approach, toggle your Smart Link to Inline view.

Smart Links Jira Roadmap Card 2.png

The new Jira Roadmap Smart Link is currently available when editing pages in Confluence. Soon, you can also add them to your comments and in Jira (when you have the new editor).

Note! This is currently rolling out so if you don't see it yet, it should be coming in the next few weeks. Keep an eye out for more Smart Links updates and let us know what you think below!

9 comments

Dimitri Frederickx August 4, 2020

When will it also be available for the advanced roadmaps (plans)?

Like # people like this
Deleted user August 4, 2020

When will this be available for Old-Gen Jira projects? 

Like # people like this
Stuart Mills August 4, 2020

Hi Jonno, when will this 9 year old issue be expected to be implemented? (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-6999)

Danielle August 4, 2020

Very Exciting!!

martin August 5, 2020

The confluence newsletter mentions embedding figma files in confluence and sends me to this link - I don't see any mention of figma on this page, and I can't find any figma macros on confluence cloud itself. Any info?

Like # people like this
Stan Verlaan August 5, 2020

@martin check this link out.

Like # people like this
Naz August 6, 2020

Hi, are we able to write about this on our website or is this information embargoed?

luke.hawkins August 7, 2020

Hi can this be used with a marketplace app like Easy Agile Roadmaps? Would be cool if they could be directly linked instead of PDF download then a re-adding PDF with a macro. 

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2020

Premium should have this for Advanced Roadmaps... hence "Advanced" 

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events