Effortlessly share pages to Slack directly from Confluence!

I am Nidhi Raj, Sr. Product Manager focused on building sharing and access management features in Confluence Cloud.

You may have interacted with the Confluence Share feature that allows you to share content with others via the means of email and in-product notifications. You may also have used the Copy link option to generate a short URL to share a page with others.

I’m excited to announce that the Share feature is now more flexible than ever before, with our introduction of the Share in Slack functionality, that allows you to directly share a Confluence page with a user or channel in Slack!

Here is a visual comparison of before and after the Share in Slack capability was added:

Before.pngAfter.png

We know that a key part of collaborating in Confluence is sharing your work with others, and many times this is done in tools like Slack. Now sharing is easier and faster, without the context switching and additional clicks!

An added benefit to this - access management on page is easier than ever before, directly via Slack! If you happen to share a page where everyone in the channel does not have access to it, Slack will quickly remind you of this and prompt you to grant access with a single click. No more complaints from your recipients of coming to a restricted error screen!

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 11.31.20 AM.png

We hope you enjoy this new feature! Leave any feedback in the comments below and be sure to follow the Confluence Community for updates!

Happy Teamworking 🥳

6 comments

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

I'm going to test drive this today!

Like # people like this
Amanda Barber
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2023

This is great, thanks!

Like # people like this
Nidhi Raj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2023

Thank you Andy and Amanda! :)

Like # people like this
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 8, 2023

This is great! I'll give it a whirl! 

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 9, 2023

Great update! This is going to save me quite a bit of time 🙌

Like # people like this
Rachel McDonald August 4, 2023

THIS IS GREAT! Thank you for sharing!!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events